Halo is one of the most famous franchises in the world and Halo Infinite is something that many veterans and new fans are eager to play. With such pressure, Halo Infinite slow download speed on Steam issues are bound to come up. This is what you can do to speed it up and join games soon.
How to Fix Halo Infinite Slow Download Speed on Steam
Because of too many players trying to download Halo Infinite, you may see surprisingly low download speeds that go below 1 MB/s. This is coming up possibly due to Steam’s download bandwidth usage.
Here’s how you can increase your Halo Infinite download speed and get to the game faster.
- Pause the download, wait for a few seconds and resume the download.
- Restart your PC and relaunch the Steam client.
- Some Reddit users are suggesting that you can change the download servers to get a better download speed.
- Click on the Library.
- Select Downloads. You will be taken to the Downloads page.
- Click on the Settings icon at the top right.
- In the pop-up that appears, click on the Downloads tab and choose a Download Region of your choice. Try various nearby locations and test out the download speed.
- Click on OK.
- If you have Xbox app, download Halo Infinite from there. It seems that this is working for some players with better download speeds than Steam.
On Steam, you need 50GB of available space on your hard drive. The Halo Infinite Multiplayer beta that has been released has a download size of 26 GB so if your internet connection is slower, you will have to wait even longer because these slow download speeds are happening despite having a good connection.
That’s all about how to fix the Halo Infinite Slow Download Speed issues. Once you download and install the game, go ahead and check out our Halo Infinite guides to know more about the game. If the game is crashing on startup, here are a few fixes you can try out.