How to fix Halo Infinite Crashing on Startup issue? This is, unfortunately, happening to players on PC via Steam. In this article, we will address a few things you can do to fix the crashes at launch and you can join the game soon. AMD users, keep scrolling till the end, because there’s a workaround suggested by the developers that fixes crashes.
How to Fix Halo Infinite Crashing On Startup on PC
Here are the ways to potentially fix the Halo Infinite crashes on PC via Steam.
- Verify game files integrity.
- Start Steam.
- Find the game in your library.
- Right-click on the game and click on Properties.
- Find the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- After the process is done, reload the game.
- Update your Graphics card drivers to the latest version.
- Simply head over to the official site of the manufacturer to find the latest version of the drivers. Older AMD GPU drivers are known to cause poor performance.
- Close all background applications that may be blocking your access to the game.
- Make sure that you have the minimum requirements to run the game.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 RS5 x64
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel i5-4440
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD RX 570 or Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 50 GB available space
- Temporarily disable Antivirus/Firewall or whitelist Halo Infinite.
- Disable Async Compute (for AMD users).
- Uninstall the Multiplayer HD texture packs.
- Check the Background Recording Feature in Windows 10/Record What Happened Feature in Windows 11.
- Update your game to the latest patch.
- Restart your PC.
- Reinstall Halo Infinite as a last resort to fix issues with installation.
Speaking of Async Compute, the official page of Halo Infinite multiplayer beta known issues includes this:
- Players with AMD Radeon RX 500 Series GPUs may crash if Async Compute in the Video Settings is set to On. Disabling Async Compute fixes this.
Next, some minimum hardware specification GPUs are crashing when playing the intro cinematic sequences in 4k resolution. When you uninstall the multiplayer HD texture pack, this issue will get resolved.
Lastly, the Background Recording feature in Windows 10 or the Record What Happened feature in Windows 11 is creating performance issues. You will need to turn off these features to improve your gaming experience. Do this via the Capture Settings menu (Windows 10) and Captures Menu (Windows 11).
That’s all you need to know about the potential fixes for Halo Infinite Crashing on Startup/Launch on PC fix. If you need any more help with Halo Infinite, check out our guides section on Gamer Tweak.