In this Shenmue 3 fishing guide, we have explained all the steps to unlock fishing, and how to catch fish at various spots. It’s a side activity that you can do to make some quick Yuans especially during moments when you are really short of cash. Plus, you can also earn 3 trophies based on fishing while you are at it. If you catch 1000 fish, you can unlock the fourth trophy. That’s quite a lot of fishing, so let’s take a look at how to go about it.
How to Fish in Shenmue 3?
To start fishing in Shenmue 3, you need to first head to a fishing spot (there are a lot of them) and of course, you need a fishing rod for this purpose.
How to Unlock & Get a Fishing Rod
- Continue playing the main story.
- When you get the option to meet Shenhua at Ternary Spring, know that you are on the right track.
- On the way to the location, make sure to find a lake which is near the Man Yuan temple.
- Look for a fishing shop called Huang’s Tackle and this is where you can rent a fishing rod. As the shop owner says – one rental, one fishing session.
- If you’d like, you can also take part in a fishing tournament.
How to Catch Fish?
- Now that you have rented a fishing rod, walk up to a water body and cast the fishing line.
- Press X on your PS controller to cast the line (the button prompts will be shown on the screen).
- Use the left stick to move the rod and as soon as the fish bites, reel it in by moving the right stick.
- To cancel, you need to press the Options button.
- This is the basic process that will help you catch fish.
Fishing Spots in Shenmue 3
You can fish wherever you see a fish symbol on the wooden sign.
- Bailu Village has 7 fishing locations
- Niaowu has 12 fishing locations
- The Pond near Sunflower Grove
- The Pond near Huang’s Tackle Shop
Types of Fish you can Catch
- Brook Trout
- Blue Catfish
- Red Catfish
- Green Catfish
- Lake Trout
- Golden Carp
- Japanese Huchen
- Common Carp
- Crucian Carp
- White Catfish
- European Carp
So, that’s how to start fishing in Shenmue 3 and how to unlock the fishing rod as well as some information about fishing spots and more. We’ll be covering more Shenmue 3 guides to help you in your adventures, so be sure to explore more on Gamer Tweak.