While playing God of War Ragnarok there is a minor chance that you get screen tearing or flickering issues. This has happened with many previous PS5 games. It usually occurs when your monitor is out of sync with the game. Thankfully there are ways you can resolve this error. So in this guide check out how to fix screen tearing and flickering issues in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Fix Screen Tearing in God of War Ragnarok
You can fix Screen tearing in GoW Ragnarok by playing the game in Graphics mode. Thanks to user u/WaaghMan on Reddit for their explanation about screen tearing. You can check out their comment here.
- Run GoW Ragnarok in Graphics mode: The quality mode in games for PS5 has VSync enabled. And VSync helps prevent screen tearing in most games. Thus if you are facing screen tearing issues chances are you are playing in Performance mode.
Other than the above fix here are some more things you can do to resolve these issues.
- Enable 120 Hz Output: If you plan on playing in Performance mode then this solution should help. Since this game supports 120Hz you can manually enable it to see if it helps in resolving this issue.
- Go to settings and then choose Screen and Video and select Video Output.
- Here, scroll down and you will find an option called Enable 120 Hz Output.
- Set it to Automatic.
- Restart your PlayStation to make sure the changes take effect.
- If this was already enabled then you can try turning this setting off and playing the game in Graphics mode to try the previous fix again.
- Change your Resolution: Having the right resolution as your Monitor can also help fix this issue.
- Go to settings then Screen and Video and finally Video Output.
- Here you get to change the Resolution.
- Set it to be the same as your monitor.
- Restart your PlayStation.
- The game shouldn’t give you any screen tearing or flickering issues now.
Aside from the above fixes you can also try basic workarounds like restarting your game and your console to see if it helps. But if none of the solutions work then the best thing to do would be to wait till the developers fix it and release it in an update.
That covers this guide on how to fix screen tearing and flickering in God of War Ragnarok. You should also check our guide on how to change screen size if you face issues with black borders. And for other help on this game check out our God of War Ragnarok Wiki.