Rune Factory is a 15-year-old franchise expanding its roots with the most recent installment. For the players who have just started with Rune Factory 5, upgrading your farm equipment is one of the most essential factors. As you progress, you need faster and better tools. While in most the RPGs where you can upgrade types of equipment by going to an NPC, upgrading your tools in RF 5 works very differently. So, here’s our guide on how to upgrade your tools in Rune Factory 5.
How to Upgrade Tools in Rune Factory 5?
Before you can upgrade your tools, you need three essential items. You need a forging license, a forge, and recipes to upgrade tools.
How to Get a Forging License?
Head over to Eliza located at Rigbarth Outpost. He will ask you a couple of questions before handing you the license. Mentioned below are all the questions asked during a Forging License exam and their right answers:
- Question 1: What do you need for Smithing?
- Materials and RP.
- Question 2: Where can you forge items?
- At a Forge.
- Question 3: When you have a recipe for a weapon you already own.
- You need less RP to make it.
Once you have answered them all, you will receive a Forging license.
Where to get Forge in RF 5?
- As we have the permission to forge, head over to Ryker or Palmo to buy your first forge.
- You can find them both at Studio Palmo.
- The forge will cost you 3000 Gold, 30 Lumber, and 25 Material stones.
How to Get Recipes in Rune Factory 5?
- Now, all we need is different recipes to upgrade new farming tools.
- While you can upgrade your tools and weapons without a recipe, it will cost you more Rune points.
- You can get these recipes from eating bread at Sweet Hearth, a bakery shop.
- You can purchase at least 2 bread from Yuki and Randolph.
- If you need more recipes, upgrade to the bakery shop at Studio Palmo to purchase more bread.
Once you have completed all the prerequisites, buy a workshop to forge and upgrade items.