Knowing how to roast ingredients in The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom can help you survive longer against tough enemies. You can increase the nutritional value of items like apples by roasting them. This way, you can regain more health with the same item. Moreover, you can also use the roasted food in other dishes that provide temporary buffs. The process is fairly simple and we will teach you how to do it.
Zelda Tears of The Kingdom: How to Roast Ingredients
In Zelda Tears of the Kingdom, you can consume raw ingredients like apples or mushrooms, or roast them to increase their efficiency. You can find these ingredients in the wild and consume them raw to regain health. However, you can also roast them to increase their nutritional value.
To roast the ingredients in Tears of the Kingdom:
- Go near an open fire or make one using Flint and Wood.
- Next, open your Materials Inventory by pressing UP on D-Pad, and Hold the ingredient.
- Now, close the inventory and throw the ingredient near the fire.
- Note that you can hold multiple items and toss them together to roast them at the same time.
- Once the roasting process is complete, the name of the ingredient will change (Apple to Baked Apple).
- Pick it up as soon as it is roasted so that you don’t burn it.
As we mentioned, roasting ingredients increases their nutritional value. So if you eat it, you will regain more hearts than the raw counterpart. Apart from eating, you can also use roasted foodstuff as an ingredient for other dishes. These dishes will give Link certain buffs, like Cold Resistance, to help you survive longer. One thing to keep in mind is that you cannot roast every item. Ingredients like Stambulbs will burn as soon as you toss them in the fire.
That’s all from us on how to roast ingredients in The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. Another mechanic that will help you to fight strong enemies is increasing weapons durability and you can check it in our ToTK guides section.