The Thunderhead Isles in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK) are difficult to navigate, so many players are looking for ways to reach the end of it. This is a part of the Secret of Ring Ruins main quest, where you have to meet Paya and tell her about imposter Zelda. Once she gives you access to the Ring Ruins area, you must navigate it to reach the Joku-u Shrine. Here’s how to reach Dragonhead Island at the end.
How to Reach the End of Thunderhead Isles in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (TOTK)
To reach the end of the Thunderhead Isles, you must progress in the “Secret of the Ring Ruins” main quest. This quest in Zelda TOTK requires you to enter the Ring Ruins and make your way to a giant door opposite Joku-u Shrine. To open this door, you’ll need at least 10 Hearts. The Secret of the Ring Ruins quest is complete once you open the door and talk to the Fifth Sage. To navigate this island, ensure you have the Charged Armor Set on and no metal weapons.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to enter and reach the end of Thunderhead Isles:
- Head to the Popla Foothills Skyview Tower and launch Link in the Sky.
- Once you’re at the top height, look for the sky island with thunderclouds on it.
- Glide over to this island with the Gust ability or reach the bottom and use Ascend on the pillar.
- Head over toward the Joku-u Shrine, which is at the southeastern end of the island.
- Use the paraglider and Ascend ability till you reach a mechanism at the coordinates (0960, -3117, 0774).
- Use a Flash Fruit on this mechanism to open the trap door and get an Old Map.
- Then, traverse ahead till you reach the coordinates (1047, -3097, 0779).
- Build a wooden cart and set it on the rail track. Make sure you attach fans at the back to propel you forward.
- Next, reach the coordinates (0995, -3383, 0763) and build another cart to reach the Joku-usin Shrine.
- Once you complete the shrine, make your way to the Zonai Device Dispenser and use charges to get a variety of devices.
- Then, glide down to fight the Flux Construct 3 and get the Treasure Chest, which contains another old map.
- As you make your way south, you’ll eventually run into an electric mechanism at the coordinates (1337, -3458, 0836).
- Use the mechanism to blast yourself to the island above. Then, navigate to the coordinates (1307, -3356, 0882) and jump down to a Dragonhead island.
- Open the gate opposite the Joku-u shrine and interact with the map inside to complete the quest.
Since it’s a complicated island, with loads of treasure, we recommend you watch this video by SweetJohnnyCage on YouTube for a full walkthrough.
That’s everything from us on how to reach the end of the Thunderhead Isles. While you’re here, make sure you check our TOTK section for more helpful guides.