Zelda TOTK: How To Get Ascend Ability
After completing the first few Shrines, Link (you) will unlock a new set of abilities. Ascend is one such ability that will come in handy on multiple occasions. With this ability on board, you can easily climb up surfaces without even wasting your precious Stamina. It is not any ordinary climbing ability, as one can swim through the ceilings of the cave to reach on top. Moreover, you need to unlock Ascend ability to solve puzzles in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom as well. With that being said, here’s how you can get and master the Ascend.
How to Unlock Ascend in Zelda TOTK
- To unlock Ascend in Tears of the Kingdom, you need to complete the Gutanbac Shrine challenge puzzle.
- This Shrine is located on the eastern side of the Great Sky Island. The exact coordinates for the Gutanbac Shrine are (– 0709, -1381, 1584).
- If you are wondering where is the Great Sky Island, then don’t worry. You will reach the Great Sky Island by progressing through the main story quest ‘The Closed Door.’
It is a snowy biome so you need to carry cold-resistant consumables like Spicy Peppers. These food items will help you stay warm and avoid losing heart (health) points. As soon as you reach the Gutanbac Shrine, Rauru will give you the Ascend ability for practicing via some challenges. However, you unlock Ascend permanently only after completing the Ability to Rise challenge in Gutanbac Shrine Zelda Tears of Kingdom.
How to Ascend in Tears of the Kingdom (Controls)
Ascending in Zelda Tears of Kingdom can be tricky if you are unaware of in-game controls.
- To use Ascend, select it from the ability wheel/list by holding the ‘L’ button.
- Once you have selected the Ascend ability, the camera POV will rotate toward the ceiling above.
- Now, if there is a green circle on the ceiling, then you can swim through to reach on top.
- You just need to press ‘A’ to Ascend further.
- On the other hand, a red circle means that it is not a suitable spot to Ascend. Also, keep in mind that you can not Ascend on every mountain ceiling or surface.
Now that you have the Ascend ability in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, make the most out of it. While you are here, why don’t you check out our other Zelda TOTK Guides on Master Sword and Ultrahand right here on Gamer Tweak?