With the recent release of Rainbow Six Extraction, fans are wondering what the ranking system looks like in the newest game. Unlike Rainbow Six Siege, you are not pitted against players around the globe. It is instead a ranked PVE called Maelstrom Protocol which is designed to be an end game for players. The mode requires a weekly grind with endless objectives and time limitations. The level of difficulty and the Archaean opponents increase as you proceed in this mode. Here’s our guide explaining all about the ranked mode in Rainbow Six Extraction.
Rainbow Six Extraction Ranks Explained
As mentioned above, R6 Extraction does not have a PvP mode but rather a PvE mode. You need to reach or go beyond Milestone 17 to play this mode. Let’s look at how the Maelstrom Protocol works in Rainbow Six Extraction.
How does Maelstrom Protocol work?
- There are 9 challenges to complete which are triple the challenges in a normal mode of Rainbow Six Extraction.
- It is a weekly PVE ranked mode with different mutations in different subzones.
- Here you choose one out of six operators that can go M.I.A or inactive as they proceed in the game.
- You have to rescue these operators as a side objective along with the 9 challenges if they go M.I.A.
- Similarly, if they are inactive, you can heal or revive them easily.
- As you proceed in this mode, the level of difficulty increases with limited resources and loots. You will also notice that the Archaean enemies are more buffed than the normal modes.
- You gain XP and REACT credits as you complete objectives. This boosts up your rank in Rainbow Six Extraction.
- After a week of grinding, you will receive new objectives to complete.
Now let’s get into the ranking system in Maelstrom Protocol.
Ranks in Maelstrom Protocol
There are five ranks in Maelstrom Protocol. They are as follows:
- Diamond: It’s the top-tier rank and requires 90,000 XP.
- Platinum: This rank requires 70,000 XP.
- Gold: This rank requires 50,000 XP.
- Silver: requires 30,000 XP.
- Bronze: requires 20,000 XP.
After the end of the intense weekly grind, these awarded ranks reset. In addition to ranks, chosen operators and XP earned also reset. Earned REACT credits do not reset and can be redeemable in the shop. You can purchase skins, headgears, cosmetics, and many more. You receive several rewards according to rank at the end. This includes seasonal headgear that will be not available after the end of the season and exclusive cosmetics. Rather than focusing on completing the tasks, our suggestion would be to get better by each
That’s everything to know about ranks in Rainbow Six Extraction. You can also check out our other articles on the tier list of the best operators and how to capture an elite target right here on Gamer Tweak.