Final Fantasy XIV is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game created & released by Square Enix. To play the game, you will need to make your character on one of the game’s servers. The servers in FFXIV are known as Worlds. These Worlds come in various types depending on their Population. As such, there is a type of World called the Preferred World. In this guide, I will show you what Preferred Worlds are in FFXIV?
What are Preferred Worlds in FFXIV?
As I have mentioned above, Preferred Worlds are a type of server in FFXIV. If a World is deemed as Preferred, that means it is a server that is relatively sparsely populated with room to spare. These may be servers that are not as popular as others or newer than other servers and serves as a perfect place for newer players. In addition, Players who transfer to or create new characters in Preferred Worlds will receive special bonuses. Other than Preferred Worlds in FFXIV, there exist various types of Worlds that have different Classifications based on their population. Those being:
- New World: A brand new World.
- Congested World: A highly populated World where Players cannot create nor transfer their characters.
- Standard World: A World with manageable population size.
There are certain conditions in FFXIV when you are trying to transfer characters from or to a Preferred World. Those conditions are:
- Transferred characters from a Congested World to a Preferred World.
- Preferred World created characters.
You cannot use the Home World Transfer Service until 90 days have elapsed if you fall under one of the above conditions. Although doing the above conditions will give certain rewards.
Rewards for Creating or Transfering Characters in these Worlds
Home World Transfer Service may be down but these rewards will help you level up your character. Those rewards of creating or transferring characters to a Preferred World are:
- Character Creation:
- Double EXP Bonus (only till level 80).
- Gift of 10 silver Chocobo feathers, exchangeable for low-mid level gear to improve the leveling experience.
- Gift of 15 days of free play time (one-time reward for service account).
- Transferring to a Preferred World:
- Home World Transfer Service is free of charge.
- Gift of 10 gold Chocobo feathers, exchangeable for special rewards such as rare mounts.
- Reimbursement for the full price of the estate, plus compensation of 3,000,000 Gil for non-recoverable furnishings.
- Reimbursement of the 500,000 Gil price, and compensation of 500,000 Gil for non-recoverable furnishings.
This was all about the Preferred Worlds in FFXIV. Hopefully, this guide has helped you. You can also check out which Worlds are which by hopping on to their World Status. You can also check our other guides like Why Is Pyromancer Banned in FFXIV.