Powder Snow is one of the many new additions that have arrived with the Minecraft 1.17 Caves and Cliffs update. In this article, we will explain how to find and get Powder Snow easily.
Minecraft Powder Snow Guide
Powder snow is a trap block that is difficult to be found when spawned naturally. It was initially announced at MINECON 2019 as “Snowier Snow”. Upon being mined, powder snow does not drop anything, even with Silk Touch. Additionally, tools do not help speed up the mining process.
Powdered snow can only be broken by lava or water. Powder snow is also considered as a trap block because it freezes anything that is stuck inside it.
A skeleton stuck in powder snow will turn into a stray. This stray will then proceed to spawn with full HP regardless of if the skeleton was damaged.
How to Find Powder Snow?
Follow the steps below to get Powder Snow in Minecraft 1.17 Caves & Cliffs update.
- Powder Snow spawns naturally in areas that contain regular snow. They can be very difficult to find as they resemble regular snow. The only real way of finding powder snow would be by accident! But fret not, for there’s a much easier method that wouldn’t require you to completely freeze your feet!
- You can also acquire powder snow by placing a cauldron when it snows in a snowy biome.
- The cauldron will eventually fill up with snow, after which you can collect the snow from the cauldron right-clicking with an empty bucket.
- Once you have your full bucket of snow, you can create a block of powder snow by right-clicking it on the bucket.
- One thing to remember, powder snow cannot be mined. You can only pick it back up once you’ve dropped it by right-clicking on the block with a bucket.
How to Use it?
- As discussed earlier, powder snow is a trap block. Anybody entering the block will immediately find themselves stuck in the block.
- Upon completing 7 seconds of contact with the block, players or other entities will begin to take freezing damage.
- The only way to negate the freezing effect is by wearing leather. Wearing leather boots will prevent you from falling into the powder snow block in the first place.
So there you have it. This was your complete guide about what powder snow is, what its uses are, and how it can be obtained. Powder snow, when used smartly, can be a useful trap for players in Minecraft.
With that cleared up, don’t forget to check out how to find Amethyst Shards in this update as well.