Animal Crossing New Horizons Update 2.0 brings many new items in it and among this new stuff is the vegetable Potato. Since you can finally start growing crops, a potato is a must to add to your farm. A potato can not only be used to eat or for selling, but it also has many other uses. So in this guide let us take a look at how to get potatoes in Animal Crossing New Horizons (ACNH) and how to use them.
How to Get Potatoes in Animal Crossing New Horizons (ACNH) 2.0
To get Potatoes you first need to have a Potato Start, you can get it for 280 Bells from Leif the Sloth. You can find Leif in front of the Resident services. But he won’t be there the whole day so you will have to look out for when he arrives on your island. While Starts is your best bet, you could also visit random islands through Kapp’n’s boat tours.
How to Grow More Potatoes
- Open your inventory and select the Potato start.
- Then from the options select Plant 1.
- You can plant the Potato directly or by shoving the ground with your shovel.
- Remember to water your Potato Start daily.
- Your Potatoes should grow in 4 days and be ready for harvesting.
How to Use Potatoes in ACNH
These are some of the ways you can use your Potatoes.
- Use it as an ingredient for Food DIY recipes.
- Sell it to Nook for 350 Bells.
- Eat it to get Stamina. You can get 10 Stamina points for eating a Potato.
- Keep it as a decoration or have a dedicated potatoes section on your farm.
So that sums up everything you need to know about how to get potatoes in Animal Crossing New Horizons (ACNH). And if you plan on farming more then you should also grow Tomatoes. Also, check out our other guide on how to get Sugarcanes in ACNH.