Pets are one of the best things in the world and Minecraft has them as companions to players. Some are cute like Rabbits and some are fierce like Wolfs. Today I am going to show you how you can Tame a Polar Bear in Minecraft.
How to Tame a Polar Bear in Minecraft
A Polar Bear is a neutral Mob but if provoked it will start attacking you. Polar Bears are the other Bear-type Mob in Minecraft along with Pandas. You cannot actually tame a Polar Bear in Minecraft. Although there are ways you can tame them but it is not your conventional one. Below are the given steps you will need to follow if you want to tame a Polar Bear in Minecraft:
- Firstly, you will need to find an Icy Biome. You will find Polar Bears anywhere as long there is Ice and Snow, Mountain Tops do not count.
- You will require to carry a few Items along your Journey. Those Items are a Name Tag with a Name on it and a Lead.
- You can get a Lead by raiding Dungeons, Nether Fortresses, Desert Temples, and other such Structures. Name Tags can also be obtained by trading with a Master-Level Librarian Villager for 20 Emeralds.
- Once you find a Polar Bear apply the Name Tag on it. Mobs in Minecraft despawn after a certain while. The Name Tag prevents Mobs from despawning so you can take your Polar Bear wherever you go with no worries of despawning.
- Now you can take the Lead and use it on the Polar Bear, you have a pet Polar Bear.
- Since there is no legitimate way of taming a Polar Bear this is the best you can do.
- With the Lead, you can take your Polar Bear back to your base. Make sure you have made an enclosure with Wooden Fences, at the minimum, so that you can keep them there.
- Although there is a way you can them a Polar Bear in Minecraft it only works in Minecraft Windows Edition and Minecraft Pocket Edition.
- You will have to install the addon Tamable Polar Bears Addon. Download and install it into your Minecraft and load it into that world.
- You will find Polar Bears in the same areas as before but they will be tamable. All that is needed is Raw Cod.
- Feed a Polar Bear Raw Cod and it will tame it like any other Mob.
- This is only possible with Minecraft Windows Edition and Minecraft Pocket Edition. There is no other way to tame a Polar Bear in Minecraft Java Edition.
Well, this was how you can tame a Polar Bear in Minecraft. You can’t Breed them so making families of Polar Bears is a dream in Java Edition. Hopefully, this guide has helped you in getting Polar Bears in Minecraft. You can also check out our guides on Error 429 in Minecraft Realms and Taming a Panda in Minecraft.