Over the years, Minecraft has been arguably one of the best sandbox games of all time. For a truer immersive experience, you have to try it on the Oculus Quest 2. While there are several ways to play Minecraft VR, a majority of players are looking to use Questcraft as a way. If you don’t know, Questcraft is the unofficial port of the Java version that allows players to play the game. But how to do so? Check out our guide on how to play Minecraft VR using Questcraft on Quest 2.
How to Play Minecraft VR Using Questcraft on Quest 2
As mentioned earlier, Questcraft is the unofficial port to Minecraft VR for Oculus Quest 2 headsets. But you need a purchased Minecraft account to log in and play the game.
Follow the below steps:
- Firstly, enable the developer option in the Oculus app on your tablet or mobile.
- Head over to Menu > Devices > Developer Mode and toggle the button to enable the developer mode.
- Download and install the SideQuest app if you don’t have it on your Quest 2 already. This app would allow you to sideload apps directly into the VR Headset.
- Now, launch the Sidequest app with Quest 2 connected to your PC via USB.
- If this is your first time connecting to the USB, you have to manually allow USB debugging. You can also select “Always allow from this computer” to not get prompted again.
- As you launch the Sidequest, enter Questcraft in the text field of SideQuest.
- Hit the first result you get and select download app.
- You will see a status bar prompting the download and installation to be completed.
- Then, navigate to the Apps Menu using Quest 2.
- From the drop-down selection menu, hit the Unknown Sources option
- Now, tap the Questcraft to load it. Hit the Ok button when asked for using storage.
- You will be prompted to enter the credentials of your Microsoft account.
- Make sure you are entering the same account you purchased Minecraft.
- Now, select the third option for the renderer version. As stated by the devs of Questcraft, you should always select the third option.
- Even though it is already selected, make sure to select the following option:
- gl4es 1.1.5 (Open GL ES 3)
- Then, select Fabric Loader from the dropdown menu and hit the Play option.
- Lastly, hit the Play Anyway or Ok button to load the game.
- As you load the game, the screen will turn red. This indicates that Minecraft VR is almost up for loading.
How to Install Mods in Questcraft
You can install a few compatible and supported mods in Quest Craft on your Quest 2. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Connect your Oculus Quest 2 with your PC via a USB connection.
- You have to copy your mod files and paste them to the mods folder on your Quest 2.
- Here’s where you can paste the mod files into:
- Android > data > net.kdt.pojavlaunch.debug > files > .minecraft\mods folder
- Then, launch Questcraft or Minecraft VR to check the mod.
- If the mod isn’t working or running, that Mod might be incompatible with the game.
- You can check out the extensive range of supported Fabric Mods, over here.
If you are looking to play Minecraft using other options, check out our guide on how to play Minecraft VR on Quest 2 for more insight. This guide covers playing Minecraft VR using Vivecraft, getting Minecraft directly, and without using a PC at all.
That’s everything covered about how to play Minecraft VR using Questcraft on Quest 2. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on the best enchantments, the best mods to boost FPS, the best Bedrock texture packs, and more Minecraft Guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.