While Phasmophobia may be in early access, that haunting chill is leaving players wanting for more. In the game, you will have an encounter with multiple types of supernatural. Some may not affect you while some may look to hunt you down. The game has a huge dependence on the sanity of players which is affected by different types of paranormal activities. One such activity is a Ghost Event. Since players have been confused about this factor of the game mechanics, we will help you distinguish this type of paranormal from the others. This guide will help you understand what is a Ghost Event in Phasmophobia and how to Witness it.
What is a Ghost Event in Phasmophobia?
If we put it simply, Ghost Events are a type of paranormal activity in Phasmophobia. However, there is a huge difference between interaction and an event. Ghost Events even differ from a hunt but it is always hard to distinguish. These are the few things that might help you identify a Ghost Event in Phasmophobia:
- A ball of smoke
- Singing or humming
- Ghost Standing Still
- Visually Manifesting
- Lights Turn Off
- Hissing Sounds
- The lights go red
- Watching Shadows or Translucent Silhouettes
How to Witness a Ghost Event
You will witness a Ghost Event while you are completing your mission. However, there are a few factors of course that influence this. Here’s how to witness a Ghost Event in Phasmophobia:
- If one of the players comes within 10 meters of the ghost while in the investigation area.
- While drawing a card from the deck of Tarot Cards, if you draw The Devil card, you will witness a Ghost Event.
- If no Ghost Events are triggered, then you will witness one at random.
- You can also use the Summoning Circle and summon a Ghost. But be warned that instead of just witnessing the Ghost Event you might have a Cursed Hunt on your hands.
- Lastly, a Music Box can also be used to witness a Ghost Event. However, the catch is that the ghost must be within 5 meters of an actively playing music box.
That’s all on what is a Ghost Event and how to witness it in Phasmophobia. While you are here, do check out our guides on Phasmophobia for more such content with Gamer Tweak.