Parrying is a common game mechanism in a lot of action-adventure games and Kena: Bridge of Spirits is no stranger to it. Learning to parry is important because you will get attacked by groups of enemies as you progress in the game. Sometimes a single hit from the enemy will be strong enough to deplete your shield. So at such times instead of blocking it’s better to parry. So in this guide let us learn how to parry in Kena: Bridge of Spirits and look at some tips to master parry.
How To Parry In Kena: Bridge Of Spirits
To parry an opponent’s attack, you have to bring out the shield by pressing the L1 Button just before the enemy attack lands on you. If you do it correctly you can see Kena knocking away the enemy using Spirit attack. This knockback will also give you an opening to attack the enemy.
When it comes to parrying knowing the timings of your enemy attacks is very crucial. Remember to activate the shield on time, if you activate it early then it will block the attack while depleting your shield, if you activate it late then you will get hit by their attack. You can’t always rely on your shield because once it depletes you won’t be able to use it again till it recharges.
Tips to master Parry quickly
- You can spend 150 Karma to upgrade your parry.
- The most effective way to master parry is by practicing.
- Learn your opponent’s moves and attack pattern and accordingly press L1 to almost always parry.
- To learn a new opponent’s attack pattern confront them while using your shield. This will help because even if you get hit you won’t take damage.
- Eventually, stop confronting them with the shield on and try to time your parry defenseless. You might take damage but it will help get your timings right for different enemies.
That sums up this guide on how to parry. Since you like playing this game be sure to check our guide on how to unlock all trophies in Kena: Bridge of Spirits.