During the Dung Eater quest, players will come across a message that says “I’ll defile you next. Come to the outer moat.” A moat is basically an area around a castle or a location which is filled with water as a way to defend the fortified place. But where is the Outer Moat in Elden Ring? Follow these steps to get to the location quickly and fight your opponent there.
Where is the Outer Moat in Elden Ring (Map Location Guide)
- Open up your map and find the Altus Plateau main region.
- Players need to look for the Outer Wall Battleground and mark the location south-east of it, near a small body of water. Here’s the exact location on the map that you need to go to.
- Summon Torrent, the horse and reach the location. As always, beware of the enemies that lurk along the way and avoid fall damage while you are on your mount.
- As soon as you find a place with water, wait for a bit until you are invaded by Dung Eater. Now it’s time to get ready for the fight. If you’ve got a powerful build, this fight should be easy.
What to do if the Dung Eater NPC is Not Spawning?
- Make sure to talk to Blackguard Big Boggart about the Dung Eater and exhaust all dialogue options.
- Rest at a site of grace.
- Now talk to Blackguard again.
- After this, you will get invaded by the Dung Eater. Remember that this is compulsory to get Dung Eater to invade.
So, that’s everything about the Outer Moat location in Elden Ring. Keep in mind that a Giant Crab could also spawn along with the enemy you are expecting to battle (at the same time), so be prepared for that. Once you defeat the Dung Eater, you will be rewarded with the Sword of Milos which is one of the best bleed weapons.
That’s all for this one. We’re covering loads of tips and tricks for this game and you can find them all in our Elden Ring guides section.