Minecraft features a plethora of passive mobs spawning throughout the different biomes. One of these includes the villagers that are typically the NPCs that inhabit villages and work at a particular job. While there are different professions for every villager, there are some villagers that don’t have any professions. These types of villagers are called Nitwits and Unemployed villagers. Aside from them both, each villager has a profession and a particular job block for them. They can trade different materials, items, and other resources with these villagers. But several players are a bit confused about their professions or job blocks. Not to worry, check out our guide that explains all the Minecraft Villager Jobs or professions.
All Minecraft Villager Jobs or Professions (Explained)
Here’s the list of every Villager and their professions or jobs in Minecraft:
- Armorer: Trades foundry or metal casting items like chains, iron, and enchanted diamond armor tiers.
- Butcher: Trades products including Meat, Sweet Berries, rabbit stew, dried kelp blocks, and even emeralds.
- Cartographer: This villager trades banners, papers, banner patterns, and different maps like explorer maps.
- Cleric: This villager trades magical items like Ender pearls, Glowstone dust, Redstone dust, and more enchanting or potion ingredients.
- Farmer: You can get ingredients or crops and advanced food items from the Farmer villager.
- Fisherman: You not only simply get fish but also types of equipment including fishing rods, campfires, and other items.
- Fletcher: Trades bows, crossbows, archery ingredients, and all types of arrows except the arrow of luck.
- Leatherworker: This villager trades scutes, rabbit hide, and more leather-related items.
- Librarian: Trades clocks, compasses, name tags, glasses, ink sacs, books, quills, and different types of enchanted books.
- Mason (Java Edition)/ Stone Mason (Bedrock Edition): This villager trades polished stones, terracotta, clay, bricks, blocks, glazed terracotta, and quartz.
- Shepherd: Here’s the villager that trades colored wool, dyes, paintings, beds, and shears.
- Toolsmith: Trades Minerals, bells, and different types of harvest tools. The axe enchantments are tool-related buffs like Mending, Silk touch, or Efficiency.
- Weaponsmith: Trades Minerals, bells, swords, axes, and different types of enchanted melee weapons. The axe enchantments are weapon-related such as sharpness, smite, or Silk touch.
We have excluded the Nitwits and unemployed villagers from the above list. Now, for the people wondering about the villager Job Blocks in Minecraft, scroll till the end to find out.
All Job Blocks List
If you are looking to give a villager, you have to offer them the right Job Block. The Job Blocks are their workstations or job site that can be given to them to change their professions. But before that, you need to destroy their current job block. Then, place a job site block next to them within 48 hours.
So here’s the list of all the job blocks for the corresponding villagers:
- Armorer: Blast Furnace
- Butcher: Smoker
- Cartographer: Cartography Table
- Cleric: Brewing Stand
- Farmer: Composter
- Fisherman: Barrel
- Fletcher: Fletching Table
- Leatherworker: Cauldron
- Librarian: Lectern
- Mason/ Stone Mason: Stonecutter
- Shepherd: Loom
- Toolsmith: Smithing Table
- Weaponsmith: Grindstone
Make a note that you cannot give these job blocks to Nitwits or Unemployed to make them work.
That’s everything covered about all the Villager Jobs in Minecraft. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on all new Mobs and Monsters, how to get Slimeballs without Slime, how to get Free skins, and more Minecraft Guides in our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.