Voice chat is one of the main functionalities of Discord and if the mic is not working then well, it’s something you need to fix immediately. Look no further, because we will explain all the troubleshooting tips to fix the Discord mic not working issue. Sometimes, it could be a one-off problem while sometimes there could be a problem in the settings. Let’s look at all the things you can do to resolve any voice issues
Discord Mic Not Working Fix 2021
Try these potential fixes to resolve the mic not working issue on Discord.
- Close the Discord app and relaunch it.
- Restart your PC and try using your mic via Discord again.
- Unplug your mic and plug it back in to see if it works.
- Update your Audio drivers to the latest version. Visit the website of the manufacturer and find the newest driver compatible with your PC and download it.
- Check the Voice settings on Discord (Input device, output device, volume). Ensure that the right input device is being used.
- Do a mic test within Discord. You can find it under Voice & Video > Voice settings.
- Check the mic icon and see if it has a slash on it.
- Check Voice permissions and see if you have connect, speak and video permissions. If the issue is happening on a particular channel or server, talk to the admin or owner to give you the appropriate permissions.
- Reset your voice settings by clicking on the User Settings next to your name > Voice & Video > scroll down and click on Reset Voice Settings.
- Run Discord as administrator by right-clicking on the Discord icon on your desktop and clicking on Run as administrator.
- Change input sensitivity to automatic.
- Change from Voice activity to Push to Talk and record the keybind. See if this works for you.
Hopefully, one or the other fix mentioned above will work for you and solve the Discord mic not working and other voice issues. We’ve got lots more Discord tips, tricks and troubleshooting guides right here on Gamer Tweak.