Many PC users of the new Mass Effect Legendary Edition have reported that the controller doesn’t seem to be working. This isn’t an isolated incident as far as we can see. It is mainly seen to be occurring with the Dual Shock 4 controller for PC users. Luckily, there are some easy fixes for this issue. So, let’s find out how to fix the controller not working issue in MELE.
How to fix the controller not working issue in Mass Effect Legendary Edition
- Download DS4Windows from your browser.
- Click on the download file and begin the installation process.
- Install the application in the default location it shows.
- This works only if you are a Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 user.
- Now connect the Dual Shock 4 controller to your computer either by Bluetooth or by using the USB cable.
- Hold the PS button on the controller.
- This will launch the DS4 application.
- Now select the Action Centre option.
- After that click on Bluetooth and choose the Wireless Controller option.
Alternatively, you can also use this method:
- Visit the webpage https://www.x360ce.com/
- Search and click on the ‘Download for 64-bit games’ option.
- Move the x360ce_x64.exe application file to the Mass Effect Legendary Edition folder.
- Open this folder now and select the Create option.
- Extract the .zip folder to the C-Drive location of Mass Effect Legendary Edition.
- Connect the controller using the USB cable.
- After this click on the Create button and then click on Next.
- Once you are done with that, click on the Finish option.
- Now, go to the Game Settings tab.
- Choose the Apply/Synchronize settings button.
- Click on the OK option.
- Now, go over to the Controller 1 option and click on Save.
How to connect a controller in Mass Effect
- Launch the Steam application first.
- Go to the top left and look for the Settings option.
- Search for the Controller Settings.
- Search for and click on the General Controller Setting option.
- Select the type of gaming controller you are using.
- Go back and apply the settings by clicking on OK.
- Launch the game again.
- If this does not work try to reinstall your drivers by going to Settings > Device Manager > Right-click on controller > Uninstall Device > Plug in the controller and boot up your computer > Automatic driver installation will begin.
This is everything you need to know about how to fix the controller not working issue in Mass Effect Legendary Edition. While you are here you can even have a look at our Mass Effects Legendary Edition Wiki to learn more about the game.