Terracotta is a solid-colored block that has multiple uses in Minecraft. It has a smooth texture, and it can also be colored with dyes. You can find this block in the game or you can prepare it yourself. In this article, we will show you how to make it.
How to Make Terracotta in Minecraft?
Check out the steps below to learn how to prepare Terracotta in Minecraft.
Materials Required to Make Terracotta
Before you proceed to make terracotta, take a look at the materials you will need to do so.
- 1 x Clay Block
- 1 x Furnace
Clay can be found underwater in seas or rivers in Minecraft. Once you get the 4 clay balls, you need to craft it into a clay block. Now, place this clay block in your inventory.
Crafting Terracotta in Minecraft
Now that you have all the required materials, you can go ahead and make terracotta by following the steps below:
- To make the terracotta, take the clay block you just crafted and place it in the furnace.
- Make sure to place the block in the upper slot. In the lower slot, place fuel of your choice.
- Completing this process will give you one block of uncolored terracotta.
- That is all you need to do to make terracotta in Minecraft.
How to Dye Terracotta?
- Dying this block in Minecraft is really quite simple.
- All you need to do is place 8 terracotta blocks in a crafting table.
- Make sure to keep the slot in the center vacant. In this vacant slot, place a dye of your choice.
- This process will color all of the 8 terracotta blocks in the color of the dye.
- You will now have stained terracotta.
- You can go a step further and glaze the terracotta by cooking it. Also, you will need to remember that only stained terracotta can be glazed.
And that brings us to the end of this article on how to make terracotta. You can either craft this block by yourself or look for it in and around the game. This versatile block makes a great decorative item.
If you liked this article, check out how to make and use smooth basalt in Minecraft.