Minecraft is an amazing Sandbox game that brings the 2D Pixels aesthetic to a 3D game. Many players have made amazing stuff like Monumental Builds, RPG Realms, Redstone Machines, etc. Whenever a player starts up a new Minecraft world, they will need to make some Essential Farms to get them suited up for the dangerous world. Especially with the 1.19 Update, Wardens are no jokes. To deal with a Warden, you will need to be kitted out. One such Farm that every Player must have is a Mob Farm. In this guide, I will show you how to make a Mob Farm in Minecraft.
How to Make a Mob and XP Farm in Minecraft
A Mob Farm in Minecraft is a Redstone device that generates random Mobs and kills them to obtain their Loot. If you have been able to find a Mob Spawner during your exploration, you can use it to make a Farm. Although, they are a bit rare to find so I will show you how to make an All Mob Farm. Here is what you will need to do:
Steps on making a Mob Farm
- First, find a Flat area that is wide enough.
- Now, from the surface build 128 blocks from your current Y-Level.
- You can use Scaffolding for this.
- Make a Ring of Solid Blocks, making a Platform to stand on.
- You can use any Blocks of your choice.
- The Platform you should have must be a 7×7 wide diagonal area.
- You can make the Platform by first making a Cross 7 blocks long on each side.
- After that, connect each end diagonally.
- In the middle of the Platform, place a Dispenser.
- Now go two blocks above and make another 7×7 Platform with a Dispenser in the middle.
- You can make as many Platforms as you want.
- After that, make a Roof that is 2 Blocks away from your topmost Platform.
- Make sure that the Roof is 2 Blocks larger than your Platform.
- Now on top of the Roof, make a long Redstone clock with Repeaters & a Comparator as shown in the image.
- This clock will run over an empty Dispenser.
- At the bottom of each Dispenser, place an Observer looking at it.
- Once all of this is done, make a Cage of blocks that extends from the Roof.
- This will cover up all of the Platforms from any source of Light.
- Mobs should start to spawn on the Platforms. Don’t forget to light up your Roof or Mobs will spawn on top of it.
- Below the last Platform, make a funnel with Water that leads to a 1×1 Hole.
- This is how you are going to Kill the Mobs.
- From the 1×1 Hole, make a long tube that drops down to 30 Blocks below.
- At the Bottom place Basalt Block and a Dripstone Stalagmite on it.
- mobs will fall and die instantly on impact.
- Place a 3×3 area of Hoppers under the Basalt Block.
- Now you can collect the loot that will drop from the Mobs.
And now your Mob Farm in Minecraft is ready.
Getting XP from the Farm
Now that you have a Mob Farm ready, you can also make it an XP Farm. Here is What you need to do.
- Make a Basalt Generator on the same level as the Basalt Block.
- You will need a Lava Source, Soul Soil, & Blue Ice to make a Basalt.
- As shown in the image, you can make a Basalt Generator that feeds into the Mob Farm.
- By placing a Sculk Catalyst on the same level as the Dripstone and top of the Basalt Blocks, you can convert the Basalt into Sculk Blocks.
- This is a good way to store XP.
- Now, Mine the Sculk blocks for XP or pick them up with Silk Touch to use as Decoration or for Storing them if needed in the future.
This is the best and most efficient way of making a Mob Farm in Minecraft. Hopefully, this guide has helped you. You can also check out our other guides like How To Create A Bamboo Farm in Minecraft