Iron Ingot in Minecraft is a crafting material used to make advanced tools. Owing to the fact you need better weapons, armor, tools, and much more, getting these ingots should be your priority. But the game does not tell you how or where to get them. So to help you out, this guide will tell you how to make these useful ingots in Minecraft.
How to Make Iron Ingot in Minecraft
In Minecraft, there are several ways you can obtain Iron Ingots like Smelting, Crafting, Looting, and more. We will go over each one by one.
- To get Ingots through Smelting, you will need its Ore.
- You can collect it by mining underground with a pickaxe.
- Along with that, you will also need coal and it will be available underground as well.
- Once you have plenty, head over to your furnace.
- If you don’t have one then you can easily build it at a crafting station using Cobblestones.
- In the furnace, place the coal at the bottom and the iron ore on the top. And voila! Your Iron Ingots will be ready.
- You can also use Deepslate Iron Ore or Raw Iron instead of Ore.
Crafting – Method to Make Iron Ingot
If you have a Block of Iron or Iron Nuggets lying around, you can turn them into Iron Ingots at the crafting station. Place the Block in the middle of the crafting menu to get 9 units. In the case of Nuggets, you have to fill the entire box with them to get one Ingot.
By looting various chests, you can get your hands on this crafting material. Look for them in the following places for the best results:
- Buried Treasure
- End City
- Jungle Temple
These are the major methods to get these ingots. You can also get it via compound creator in Bedrock and Education editions. Apart from that, you can get it from Mob Loot by killing Iron Golems. Other mobs that may drop them are Zombies, Husks, and Zombie Villagers. You can make and repair tons of items like Anvils, Blast Furnaces, Iron Shovels, Crossbows, and much more.