Luigi’s Mansion 3 takes you into a haunted hotel, a massive multi story building where ghost’s are hiding in every nook and corner. The game is big with many levels, where you will start by finding Elevator Keys and then slowly progress to unlock new floors. To play Luigi’s Mansion 3 you will need to understand Nintendo Switch controls well, or else it will be tougher to kill Bosses. In this Luigi’s Mansion 3 tips and tricks guide you can learn all the controls to play with Luigi or Gooigi or both. Also learn how to play Luigi’s Mansion 3 with friend in multiplayer mode and some beginners tips.
Luigi’s Mansion 3 Switch Controls
You will begin as Luigi who is alone left in the Last Resort after finding his friends are captured by King Boo. After a short while you will unlock Gooigi, you can control two characters simultaneously side by side or play in co-op. Below are Luigi’s Mansion 3 Switch controls.
- ZL + ZR – Create a burst where Luigi can jump in the air releasing a shockwave. Ideal for breaking out from bosses if they catch you and jumping.
- ZL – Blow air from Poltergust G-00, used to push thing away or break objects.
- ZR – Suck air from Poltergust G-00, used to collect Gold Coins, grab cushions or objects to pull them in. Suck in mouse and other items.
- – – Skip Cutscenes.
- + – Pause Menu.
- Control Pad – Press up to Toggle Map. Press Left, Down, Right to call Mario.
- L+R – Perform an action.
- X – Use Dark Light to reveal hidden Gold from paintings or restore hidden chest, objects or ghost locations.
- R – Use Strobulb to stun enemies and bosses. Poltergust-00 produces a flash to stun enemies.
- A – After stunning enemies, press ZR to grab them from tail and press A to slam them on the ground. Slam causes the highest amount of damage.
- Y – Perform a Suction Shot, shoot a rubber plungers on a flat surface and then slam the object on the ground. Ideal to hit bosses, and break objects.
- L – Move around.
- R – Turn around.
- Press R Once – Summon Gooigi from Poltergust. or Switch between to Gooigi or Luigi.
- Press R Twice – Store Gooigi back into Poltergust.
- Tilt – Aim up and down.
How to play Luigi’s Mansion 3 with Friends
To play Luigi’s Mansion 3 Multiplayer press the Plus button and then select Co-op. Select Co-op one more time and wait till the second Controller is detected. That’s it one can play as Luigi and second as Gooigi, there are many levels in Luigi’s Mansion 3 where a friends help is needed either to solve a puzzle or to unlock a door. Plus when you are in a boss fight playing duo is lot more helpful.
Luigi’s Mansion 3 Beginners Tips
Below are some quick Beginners Tips that will help you to understand the game well as well utilize some tips to get extra bonus in Luigi’s Mansion 3.
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 has three save game slots.
- Suck every corner, curtains, covers, etc to grab hidden gold. Check all the holes in walls, garbage bin, shelves, pipes, and use Dark Light to reveal hidden gold in paintings.
- Check for hidden chest in corners and vending machines. They throw many gold bars.
- Stun green glowing locks to reveal hidden places with gems and golds.
- Suck mouse, spiders, birds, etc they drops health.
- Every boss will drop a Elevator key that will unlock the next floor.
- Use suction shot to break object, that can have hidden gold and life.
- To save game just walk through a door and wait for 10 seconds. You can manually save the game progress.
- Killing weaker ghost will reward coins.
- Unlock Shopping Network at Gadd’s lab and buy a few Golden Bones. The pup buddy can restore you when you lose all the health.
- Every boss has a common attack pattern, you have to figure out how to defeat it.
Hope the following tips will help you a lot in playing Luigi’s Mansion 3. We will keep updating the guide, stay tuned for more info.