League of Legends is a strategic and multiplayer battle arena (MOBA) game by Riot games. In LOL, you fight with your enemies in different regions and destroy their bases. It is a 5v5 PVP battle against players. You can build your own squad and destroy the towers of your enemies. There are some players that grind on their existing region. There are different lore related to their region. If you are a player looking to switch to a different guide, you have come to the right place. Here’s our guide on how to change a region in League of Legends (LoL).
How to Change a Region in League of Legends?
- Launch the Riot client.
- Then, log in through the account you want to change your region.
- Select the accounts tab to the upper extreme right side of the screen.
- There you will see all the regions available to switch from. These are the following regions:
- North America
- Europe West
- Europe Nordic and West
- Latin America North
- Once you select the region, you will have to transfer 2,600 RP which is a premium currency in League of Legends.
- All your progress and rank in the current existing region will be lost.
- You will be prompted with several factors that you should consider before you change a region. This includes higher ping and latency issues.
- As you switch to a different region, you might also face regional payment unavailability issues.
- Your victory points and honor level won’t transfer into this new region.
- But your current friend list, emotes, XP boosts, stats and all the skins will be transferred to the new region.
- Now, you can start grinding on a different region anew.
That’s all on how to change region in LoL. If you liked this guide, you can also check out our Guide on how to link prime gaming and LOL accounts right here on Gamer Tweak.