Helmed by Red Hook Studios Darkest Dungeon 2 is their second installment in the Darkest Dungeon video game series. Ever since the game was released fully, players have come across some errors and issues – specifically, the infinite loading screen issue. If you are stuck on the loading screen in Darkest Dungeon 2 here is our guide on how you can potentially fix it.
How to Fix ‘Stuck on Loading Screen’ Issue in Darkest Dungeon 2
Delete the Last Save File
Sometimes a corrupted save file can cause a series of issues in-game. The game might not be able to load the resources required for the progression which in turn can result in players getting stuck on a Loading Screen. Darkest Dungeon 2 autosaves all the game progress so in order to fix this issue you might have to delete the last save file.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how you can delete the saved file from the folder:
- To do this you will have to open the Run Command Prompt by hitting Win + R.
- Here, you can type in %appdata% which would open the AppData folder.
- In AppData select LocalLow and click on the Red Hook folder.
- Select Darkest Dungeon 2 and then head toward the save files folder.
- Here you can delete the last saved file which would be denoted by the highest number.
(Note: Before deleting the saved file we would suggest backing it up in another folder for safe progression)
Check Firewall Settings
You can try fixing the infinite loading screen issue in Darkest Dungeon 2 by checking the firewall settings of your system. Sometimes firewall can quarantine some of the important files required for the game to load and operate resulting in the game not running properly. You can go through the quarantine files in the firewall by following these steps
- Simply head search and head towards windows defender.
- Here, click on the virus & threat protection and select protection history.
- Here you can find the quarantined files for Darkest Dungeon 2 and restore them.
Verify the Integrity of the Files
Sometimes the game files can be corrupted which can cause bugs and issues in-game. You can check the integrity of the game files by simply heading toward Steam and following these steps
- In Steam head toward the library.
- Right-click on Darkest Dungeon 2.
- In the drop-down menu click on the properties option.
- Once done select the local files tab and click on the verify integrity of game files option.
Note: You can do the same in Epic Games by going into your library, then after clicking on the three dots, you can head toward ‘manage’ and the same option will appear for you.
That is everything on how you can fix the Loading Screen issue in Darkest Dungeon 2. Here is our guide on how you can fix the black screen issue in Darkest Dungeon 2 and also on how to get the best team comp.