Minecraft Pocket Edition can be very fun to play especially after you fix its lag. The game doesn’t always lag but if you have a low-end device or multitask a lot, you might feel the game to be a bit laggy. There are many factors to consider when you come across this issue. Thankfully though there are things you can do to resolve it in no time. So in this guide let us check how to fix lag in Minecraft (PE) Pocket Edition.
How to Fix Lag in Minecraft Pocket Edition
These are some of the things you should do to fix lag problems. These methods work for both Android and iOS.
- Free up your RAM: The more RAM your phone has the better performance you will get. So if your phone has 6 or 8GB RAM, you are already on a good start. But even if you have less RAM you can free it up by clearing apps that you don’t use from your recent apps. To clear recent apps:
- Double tap on the home button of your iPhone.
- Swipe and clear out all the apps that you are not using.
- Press on the recent apps button on your phone or swipe and hold (if you use swipe controls).
- This will show you all the apps that you have closed or the ones running in the background.
- Again swipe them out to clear them.
- Another practice to use is exiting the app by closing them instead of exiting to the home screen. This will help you keep your phone faster. When you exit directly to home, your apps run in the background to help you resume from there faster. But while that is nice it uses your RAM. So if you don’t mind waiting a few seconds for some apps to open this tip will help you get better performance in other games as well.
- Clear Storage space: Be it Android or iOS whenever you play Minecraft PE (Pocket Edition) there are many files written and deleted in the background. And for this process to happen the game needs space on your device. This needed space is your storage space and not your RAM. The less space you have the more time the game will take to write or delete these files. And since these processes are taking time the game reacts by lagging. It is recommended you keep anywhere around 2 to 4 GB of free space on your device.
- Change your settings: Making the following changes to your Video Settings in Minecraft PE can also make significant differences and make the game smoother.
- Screen Animations: Off
- Fancy Bubble: Off
- Render Clouds: Off
- Beautiful Skies: Off
- Smooth Lighting: Off
- Fancy Graphics: Off
- Render Distance: 6 chunks. And you could even try keeping it to 5 chunks to compare differences in performance.
- Update your game: Lastly, always check for the latest version of the game. There could be a chance that the lag you were facing was actually because of some bug. And the developers frequently fix such bugs and release updates to improve the player’s experience. So check on your phone’s app store if there are any updates available for Minecraft Pocket Edition. And if there is, then update the game and try playing after updating. You should see less or no lag if it was due to some bug.
That covers this guide on how to fix lag in Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE) and improve game performance. If you regularly play this game and need help on topics like building structures, bug fixes, crafting stuff, and more then check out our Minecraft guides.