Knock Out is a new game mode in Modern Warfare 2 that players want to learn how to play. As per its description, the goal is to “Eliminate the other team or be holding cash when the time runs out.”. But players have doubts about the timer, how to respawn, and other match conditions. So in this guide let us check how to play Knockout mode in Call of Duty (CoD) MW2 and check some tips for winning matches.
How to Play Knock Out Mode in Modern Warfare 2
You play the Knockout Mode in Call of Duty MW2 by holding the package or eliminating the other team to win rounds. Here is everything that you should know about this new mode:
- Main objectives to win the round:
- The first is to find and hold the package of cash until the timer runs out.
- And the second objective is to eliminate the other team completely.
- Win condition for the match:
- The team that wins 5 rounds first, wins the match.
This is a 6v6 team mode game that has no timer for its rounds. The goal is simply to go and collect the package of cash at the center of the map and hold on to it for 45 seconds. The catch is once you, a teammate, or the opponent picks up the package, the holder will be visible on the minimap. They will also have the icon of the package above them, while both teams can see the time left for them to defend or retrieve the package.
There are no respawns in this mode. So once you or your teammate has been downed the only way to be back is by being revived.
Tips for Winning Knock Out in Modern Warfare II
Since there are two objectives, you can use both of them to your advantage. Here are a few ways you can do that:
- Eliminating the other team: Allow me to elaborate more on this to explain it better. Since the package carrier is visible on the map, you can let the enemy take the package. This will allow you to get the location of the carrier. So you can accordingly hunt the package holder and eliminate the enemies in the possible defensive positions. Thus eliminating and preventing them from reviving their teammates can help win the round.
- Setting up a trap: This tip requires you to carry the package. So two players from a team can retrieve the package, where one is the holder and the other is a backup. The goal is to run adn lead the enemies to a spot where the rest of the team waits. The team can then launch surprise attack on the enemies by ambushing them.
That covers this guide on how to play the Knockout Mode in Call of Duty (CoD) Modern Warfare 2, and some winning tips for it. If you play this game on a PS5 then check out our guide on how to enable 120 FPS to get an upper hand. And for more help on this game check out our Modern Warfare II guides.