Modern Warfare 2, the sequel to the latest iteration of the Modern Warfare series is set to release in October this year. In the open-beta phase which is now closed, players got to experience the brand new mechanics, graphics and gameplay changes the Call of Duty franchise is delivering this time around. And of course this time too, there are queries about compatibility of the console version of the game with the standard keyboard and mouse setup. Now, most gamers in this time have either agreed to disagree or have settled in the conclusion that both controllers and the KBM setup have their pros and cons and are viable in their own way. However if you own a console but prefer the old-school setup over controllers, we are here to help. In this guide we will discuss how you can use keyboard and mouse on consoles to play Modern Warfare 2.
How To Use Keyboard & Mouse on MW2 for Consoles
Now if you’re using modern consoles like PS5 and X Box X or S series, you don’t have to do a lot to play on a KBM Setup. Simply plug your Keyboard & Mouse in the USB ports of your console and follow the steps below:
- When you connect your KBM setup, make sure that your device recognizes the new input method. This would usually show up with a mouse indicator on the screen.
- Make sure you have disconnected all controllers and bluetooth devices.
- Launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The is pre-compatible with the KBM setup.
- Click on Settings and under the Controller options, look for Input Devices. Here, you need to select your keyboard and mouse input.
- Now the game will function as it would on a PC. You can even change the default keybinds as per your preferences.
The setup for the latest generation of consoles is quite simple. However, if you’re using older consoles like PS4 or Xbox One, you may need to use devices like the IOGEAR KeyMander for seamless compatibility of your KBM with your console.
That is everything you need to know on how to use keyboard and mouse on Modern Warfare 2 for consoles. If you found this article and want more related content, check out this guide on how to change language in this game.