Diablo 2 Resurrected saw the “Identify” mechanic dropped from the spell charts and fall into the category of a scroll call. This act of identifying items above a certain quality level has a few ways of working in-game. You need to identify items in order to be able to comprehend their abilities, quality, and stats. Unidentified items cannot be put to use and for this reason, you have to either sell them or identify them. In this guide, we’ll walk through how you can identify items in Diablo 2. Follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Identify Items in Diablo 2 Resurrected?
To identify items in Diablo 2, all you need to do is right-click on the scroll of identify and click on the unidentified item. Furthermore, you can even ask Deckard Cain to identify items in exchange for gold. You can even get Cain to identify items for free conditionally. We’ve listed both these paths in detail in the undermentioned.
How to Use the Scrolls of Identify in Diablo 2 Resurrected
The Scrolls Of Identify help you to identify items in Diablo 2 Resurrected, here’s how to get and use them.
- Kill as many enemies as you can whenever you’re exploring a region.
- These enemies once dead often drop Scrolls of Identify.
- Once you get these, you can equip them in your inventory and use them to identify an item.
- To identify an item, right-click on the scroll then click the item you wish to identify.
- You can store a limited number of scrolls, however, the Tome of Identify book can hold up to 20 scrolls.
- The Tome Of Identify is pretty cheap and can be bought from Magic Vendors, the Jail, or the Catacombs.
- In case you cancel or misclick- the scrolls will just cancel the action and won’t get wasted as was the case in Diablo I.
- If you fall short of scrolls, you can choose to purchase them from vendors like Akara for 80 gold per scroll.
- You can then stack 20 of these back in the Tome Of Identify to identify items.
How to Identify Items Using Deckard Cain in D2R
Deckard Cain is a Horadric mage who helps you identify items in-game in exchange for gold in Diablo 2. However, you can also get him to identify items for free. Here’s how to do the same.
- In the “Search For Cain” quest, you need to successfully rescue Deckard Cain from the ruins of Tristram.
- If accomplished, Cain will identify all items for free.
- You can identify items by locating him in the main city for every quest in Diablo 2.
- However, if you fail to rescue him, you can still ask him to identify items.
- This will require you to shell out 100 gold per item.
- It’d be better to opt for the Scrolls of Identify if you fail to rescue Cain since that costs 20 gold lesser than what Cain charges.
These steps will help you identify your items in Diablo II. A point to keep in mind is that while tougher and more demanding enemies may drop higher-level items, they won’t always be guaranteed to have insane, out-of-this-world stats. You will need to strategize your progression as your choices will affect your inventory and in-game currency.
That’s pretty much all there is to identify items in Diablo 2 Resurrected. We hope you liked this guide and it was of assistance to you. Here’s a guide featuring the best classes in Diablo 2 Resurrected. Be sure to check it out!