One thing is to lose to veteran players in CSGO and the other is to lose due to frame drops. With some experience, the latter stings more than the first one. For competetive matches, players can’t afford stutters or lag. You need to have a consistently high FPS for a smooth and seamless gameplay experience. Although having an FPS counter won’t resolve your frame drops, it can help you diagnose the problem within your PC. So, here’s our guide on how to show FPS in CSGO.
How to Show or See FPS in CSGO
There are three methods that allows you to see and show your FPS count. Let’s look at each one of these methods in more detail:
Follow these steps to see enable FPS using your Steam launcher:
- Launch Steam client and select the Steam option to the top left of your screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Then, select the In-game tile option to your left.
- Now, select the In-game FPS counter and choose the corner of the screen you want to see it.
- You can also check the option for High Contrast to see the FPS count better.
Before you hit the console command button in CS: Go and wonder why isn’t it working, head to the Game Settings. Make sure that you have enabled the Developer console option.
Follow these steps:
- Hit the (~) key to bring up the Console Command menu.
- Type the command, cl_showfps 1, and hit enter.
- As you hit enter, you can see your FPS count at the bottom of the screen.
- Alternatively, you can also hit the cl_netgraph command in the menu.
CSGO Launch Options (Steam)
There’s another method that involves inputting the Console commands in your Steam’s launch options. Follow the below steps:
- Launch Steam client and select the Library tab.
- Right-click on the CSGO to your left and select the Properties option.
- Then, insert the cl_showfps 1 or cl_netgraph 1 command in your launch options.
- Now, close the properties and launch CS: GO
That’s everything covered on how to show FPS in CSGO. If you liked this guide, check out more guides on our dedicated section for CSGO right here on Gamer Tweak.