Can I Play Fortnite On Mobile?
Bring the Battle to your mobile
Yes, you can play Fortnite on your Android devices. But before you run to your Google Play Store and start searching for Fortnite Mobile, stop right there. Fortnite is not available on the Play Store just yet, and probably never will, anytime soon.
So how can you play Fortnite on Android if the game is not even listed on the Store? Well, this is why we are here! This step by step guide will help you install the world-famous Battle Royale, Fortnite on your Android device. Don’t worry, this is not a pirated version or an unofficial rip-off of the game. Fortnite for Android is the real deal, this is the official game by its developers, Epic Games.
How To Get Fortnite On Android?
Epic Games finally released the official Fortnite game for Android in 2018, a year later after its release on consoles and PC. In the early stages, the game was available on only certain high-end devices but a few months down the line, Epic Games released Fortnite on all Android mobile devices.
As Epic Games decided to not tie-up with Google on this one, it self published the game on Android without registering on Google Play. This is the reason why you cannot find Fortnite on the Play Store. Thankfully, we can guide you through the safe official installation process of Fortnite on your Android device –
- Open a web browser on your mobile. (I would recommend the Google Chrome)
- Go to fortnite.com
- Select the menu on the top right corner of the screen.
- The last option in the tab will be the Download button.
- This will take you to the Epic Games App installer.
- Install this app on your Android device. This is the Epic games version of the Play Store.
- You can now make an Epic Games account. It’s absolutely free!
- Browse through the game list in the Epic Games App, and search for Fortnite.
- Click on install.
- Your phone security/defender will now ask for your permission to install Fortniteinstaller.apk.
- Allow the game to install, it is completely safe (and from the official website as well).
- Select a download location.
- Allow it to Download.
- Your security setting might ask you permission for installing apps from unknown websites.
- Allow it once, and undo after the game has installed. (not all unknown websites are safe)
- Once the game is installed, reboot your Android device.
- Tap on Launch.
And just like that, you have the Fortnite Battle Royale on your Android mobile. Make sure that Fortnite is compatible with your smartphone. Here are the system requirements for Fortnite on Android devices.
System Requirements for Fortnite on Android
You would expect, Fortnite being a massive graphic killer on consoles, will require flagship smartphones to work on. Well, certainly not. Fortnite Mobile has one of the most modest system requirements on Android devices. They are –
- Storage: 3GB
- RAM: 3GB or higher
- Android version: 8.0 Oreo or higher
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12, Adreno 530 or higher
You can now enjoy playing Fortnite on your mobile. Using this step by step guide you can safely download the game on your Android device without having to pay a single buck to third parties to install the game for you. And while you are here, you would also like to know How to Level Up Faster in Fortnite.