The Resident Evil 4 Remake will test your combat skills to the extreme, so knowing how to parry is a must. In this survival horror game, you will step into the shoes of US Agent Leon S. Kennedy. Your mission is to save the daughter of the US President from a cult-controlled Spanish village. Veteran RE players know that the enemies in this series are infected and super-powered. However, with the new Parry mechanic, you can hold your own against them. In this guide, we will tell you how to counter in RE 4 Remake.
Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Parry
To Parry in Resident Evil 4 Remake, equip a knife and press (L1, LB, or Spacebar) to deflect the enemy’s attack. If you Parry the attack at the perfect time, you can press the prompted button to counter with a melee kick.
If you counter after parrying, Leon will kick the enemy and send them flying backward. If there are other enemies close by, they too will fall and take damage. Alternatively, if an enemy attacks you with a heavy weapon like the chainsaw, make sure you dodge the attack instead of parrying. Heavy attacks take a while to charge so you will have plentiful time to react.
Tips to Parry Attacks in RE4 Remake
While this is a basic defense mechanic, mastering it can save you from loads of damage. Here are a few Parry tips for you in Resident Evil 4 Remake:
- Parrying damages your knife so keep an eye on the weapon circle. You will be in a vulnerable situation if the knife breaks in the middle of the fight.
- In this game, you can carry multiple knives so make sure you collect each one of them.
- If you parry an unarmed enemy, then Leon will counter by dismembering their hand inflicting heavy damage.
- Learn the enemy’s attack patterns. Once you do, try to perform the perfect parry to hit them back.
- If you are having trouble timing the parry, consistently tap the button to perform a basic parry.
Also Read: How To Survive Village Fight
We hope our guide on how to parry in Resident Evil 4 Remake helps you to survive longer. If you liked this guide, then we recommend you check more in our RE4 Remake section.