Rails are very helpful items in Minecraft that you can use to explore areas of the game, transport villagers or animals as well as mine. In this article, we will show you how to make them in the game.
How to Build Rails in Minecraft?
To learn how to make rails in Minecraft, keep reading the steps below:
Before we begin to make rails in the game, let us first check out the materials we will need to do so.
- 6 Iron Ingots
- 1 Stick
If you want to get iron ingots, you will need to place a piece of iron ore into the furnace. Place the ore into the vacant uppermost slot in the furnace. Now place the fuel in the bottom slot and that’s it.
This process will give you 1 iron ingot. You will need to place ores in the furnace depending on the number of ingots you need.
To get a stick, you will need two wooden planks. Place the first plank in the first vacant slot in the middle row. Place the second plank in the first vacant slot in the lowest row. This process will give you 4 sticks.
Making Rails in Minecraft
Now that we have all of our materials, we can begin to make rails.
- To begin, open your 3×3 crafting table.
- Once you do so, start placing the iron ingots in the following order.
- As you can see in this image, you will need to place one iron ingot each in the first and third vacant slots of each row in the table.
- By doing so, you will keep the center slots vacant in each of the rows.
- Now, place one stick in the vacant center slot in the middle row.
- This process will give you 16 rails.
- You can repeat this process based on how many rails you will need.
- Once you acquire the rails, shift them into your inventory.
How to Use Rails?
- Once you finish making rails, you can place them on the top of any solid opaque block.
- They can also be placed above upside-down stairs or slabs.
- Rails can also be waterlogged, that is, they can be placed on water.
- Once your rails are ready and placed on the appropriate surfaces, you can place a cart on them.
With this, we come to the end of this article on how to make rails in Minecraft. Once you make your rails, you can use them for several different purposes in the game.
If you liked this article, check out how to transport villagers in Minecraft.