Lead or leash in Minecraft is somewhat a rare item to come across unless you stumble upon the Wandering Trader slaughter him or his llamas which will drop leads. It is however much more convenient to craft lead in Minecraft on your own by gathering the resources. You would need this time when you want to move passive mobs and animals because they will not follow you on their own. Mind you, the lead cannot be used on hostile mobs or Villagers. The player can hold and move multiple mobs at once via leads but each mob will require its own lead. Below are the ways to craft Lead in Minecraft.
- 1 slimeball
- 4 strings
Slimeball Locations in Minecraft
- Swamp biomes by killing the Slimes
- Sneezing baby panda in the Bamboo Jungle
- Buying it from the Wandering Trader
Strings locations in Minecraft
- Killing spiders
- Breaking down cobwebs
- Looting temples, pyramids, and dungeons
- Gift from cats
- Trading with fisherman villagers
Once you have all these resources, it’s time to craft. Remember, positioning is the key and the materials should be placed in the exact same order as mentioned below in a 3×3 grid.
- Step 1: Place two strings in the topmost row in the first and second column
- Step 2: Place one string in the second row in the first column
- Step 3: Place one string in the third row in the third column
- Step 4: Place one Slimeball in the second row in the second column
It should look like the below picture.
This recipe should get you two leads and these can be stretched up to 10 blocks before disengaging.
Here is a list of animals on which you can use Lead:
- Horse (Zombie Horse and Skeleton Horse)
- Iron Golem
- Llama & Trader llama
- Polar Bear
- Snow Golem
- Squid (Bedrock Only)
These are all the possible ways for crafting Lead and resources needed to make Lead in Minecraft. Make sure you check out this article on How to make fireworks in Minecraft.