The apocalyptic world of Dying Light 2 is fully jammed with different types of hordes of zombies that are called Infected. Volatiles are one of the Infected that appear only at night. During night time as the Infected get more powerful, these Volatiles become heavily Volatile. Puns apart! These types of Infected are similar to vampires as they cannot bear the sun. Once the sun comes up, you can notice them running towards a dark zone. These broad-shouldered types of Infected have exceptionally high health, pretty fast agility, and are difficult to be knocked out. Not to worry, here’s our guide on how to kill Volatiles in Dying Light 2.
How to Kill Volatiles in Dying Light 2?
After encountering these baddies in Markers of Plague, you will encounter Volatiles more frequently. You can expect them to show up in dark places during the day and level three of the chase challenges. Despite their high health, quick agility, and other powerful buffs, you can kill them. So, here’s how you can kill Volatiles in Dying Light 2:
- You will need UV gears as Volatiles are susceptible to light.
- And, upgrade these different UV tools by heading over to Craftmaster.
- When you engage with a Volatiles, make your distance and shoot UV projectiles at it before it makes a move.
- The UV projectiles stun them and as the light makes them vulnerable, this is your cue to make the move.
- Once they are stunned, you can either use long or short-range attacks to lower their health.
- You need to be quick as they can be extremely fast and close the current power gap if they wake up.
- In close-range combats, make sure to not block their attacks or grapple them as it will be of no use.
- You need to dodge and attack them as much as possible.
- Alternatively, you can lure Volatiles in locations exposed to UV lights and then use ranged weapons to lower their health.
- After you have successfully killed a Volatile, you will unlock the Night Hunter Achievement.
- In addition to that, you will also receive a reward of a purple-tier treasure alongside a unique infected trophy.
That’s all on how to kill Volatiles in Dying Light 2. If this guide helped you, make sure to check our other articles on how to get the best ending, cheats guide, how to craft and throw knives in DL 2 right here on Gamer Tweak