Finding it difficult to complete your Pokedex with all new Pokemons being added frequently in the game? With the introduction of Gen 5 Pokemon of the Unova region, Pokemon Go has finally reached the Black and White league. This league fosters one of the strongest Pokemon of the series and they most definitely are a perfect addition to your combat league.
The basic Unova region Pokemon like Tepig, Lillipup, Patrat, and Pansear can easily be caught in the wild, it is their evolutions that can prove to be the biggest asset to your team. So how do you go about evolving them?
What is the Unova Stone?
The symbolic monochrome appearance of the Stone resembles the Pokemon: Black and White series. The Stone is a Gen 5 evolutionary item that will assist in evolving the Unova region Pokemon.
The key difference between the Sinnoh Stone and the Unova Stone is that Sinnoh Stone (to know more about the Sinnoh Stone, read the guide to finding a Sinnoh Stone in Pokemon Go) can evolve the Gen 1 of the Sinnoh league to higher Gens as well, while Unova allows only a specific evolution of a few Unova league Gen 5 Pokemon. For that reason finding the Unova Stone in Pokemon Go is difficult.
To learn the tricks on finding the Unova Stone, read ahead.
Unova Stone in Pokémon GO Evolution GEN 5 Unova. pic.twitter.com/tiLY7NojS6
— ??????? ?? ???? (@CommunityGONews) September 28, 2019
How to find the Unova Stone in Pokemon Go?
Similar to finding a Sinnoh Stone, the Unova Stone can be found by –
- Field Research – Completing the seven-day Research in a row increases the possibility of you getting the Unova Stone as a reward one of the times.
- PvP Trainer battles – Not confirmed as of now, there are chances of seeing Unova Stones popping up as battle rewards for player vs player fights.
- Defeating Team GO Rocket leaders – Arlo, Cliff, Sierra are three of the leaders who need to be defeated to get you a chance of receiving the Stone as a reward.
- Defeating Giovanni – Interacting with invaded Pokestops engages you into battles with team Go Rocket leaders. As rewards, receive components of a rocket radar to finally construct one. Using the Radar, you track down Giovanni and defeat him. As a reward, you get an Unova Stone. But mind you, defeating Giovanni is no easy task, so be well prepared with the strongest Pokemons you have.
What Pokemon can you evolve using Unova Stones?
- Each evolution would require an Unova Stone and 100 candies.
- Pansear → Simisear
- Panpour → Simipour
- Pansage → Simisage
- Minccino → Cinncino
- Eelektik → Eelektross (unofficial)
- Munna → Munsharna (unofficial)
- Litwick → Lampent →Chandelure
Among these, evolving Litwick to Chandelure should be in your best interest as it is the strongest ghost type Pokemon in Pokemon Go. Finding a single Unova Stone is a challenge in itself, let alone 5 or 6 to evolve every possible pokemon. If you do not care about catching them all, then this situation won’t trouble you at all. But for those of you who do want to complete their collection, you would require a pot full of luck.
For more such helpful tips and tricks, be sure to check out our Pokemon Go guides.