Similar to many other survival games, you will require to collect and craft several resources in Rust. One of the most essential resources in Rust is Metal Fragments. These Metal Fragments are used for building numerous structures. Here’s how you can easily get Metal Fragments in Rust.
Rust: How to Obtain Metal Fragments
There are a total of five different ways to get Metal Fragments in Rust, which include:
- Mining Metal Ore from rocks and then smelting it using a furnace or large furnace
- Mining Quarries
- Breaking down items in a recycler
- Looting other players
- Smelting empty cans
The most efficient and easiest of the five is my first mining Metal Ore from rocks and then smelting it using either a large furnace or a furnace. However, the other four ways are great too. You can then use the Metal Fragments for different purposes.
Rust: How to Use Metal Fragments
Once you have obtained enough Metal Fragments in Rust, you can use them for various crafting and repair purposes. Some of these uses are:
- Weapons: You can craft weapons such as Crossbow, Waterpipe Shotgun, Longsword, and Semi-Automatic Rifle with Metal Fragments.
- Ammo: Pistol Bullet, Smoke Rocket, 12 Gauge Slug, Explosive 5.56 Rifle Ammo, HV Pistol Ammo are some of the many ammo that you can craft from this resource.
- Attire: You can craft boots with the fragments.
- Defense gates and barricades: Metal Fragments are used for crafting barricades such as Metal Barricade and Barbed Wooden Barricade. Also, you can use them to craft defense gates such as Prison Cell Gate, Chainlink Fence, Chainlink Fence Gate, and others.
- Armor: Riot Helmet and Coffee Can Helmet are two of the armor you can craft with the resource.
- Repairing: You can use Metal Fragments to repair any item that was initially crafted with them.
That’s everything you need to know about how to get Metal Fragments in Rust. Apart from the fragments, you should also consider reading how to get some high-quality metal in Rust as they too are very important for crafting.