Collecting resources in Minecraft isn’t always easy and there is always a catch to it. The same goes for Honeycomb Farming, but the catch here is a bit predictable. The challenge is you will die in 20seconds once stung. So farming Honeycomb in Minecraft requires a little strategy. In this guide, I will help you with finding Bees first then how to save yourself from getting stung and collect Honeycomb.
How to get Honeycomb in Minecraft?
Here is a step-by-step process to get Honeycomb, the item will be used for waxing and crafting items like Planks, Candles, Honeycomb block, etc.
- Players can find beehives around in Plains, Sunflower Plains, and Flower Forest biomes. In these biomes, Honeycombs can be found oak trees.
- Click F3 to check the Honey level of the Honeycomb, it should be 5 or greater. Beehive with honey level 5 or greater will have honey dripping from them.
- Bees won’t do anything unless they see players attacking the Beehive. Do not directly try to attack the Beehive with Shears, or else you will be stung. Within 20 seconds you will die, and no one likes that.
- Craft a Campfire to drive away from the bees. Here’s the recipe, get 3x Wood, Coal & 3x Sticks.
- Place the campfire below the Honeycomb and wait for the bees to fly away.
- Craft Shears using 2x Iron Ingots. You will need this to break the honeycomb and harvest honey out of it.
You can use the Silk touch to transport Honeycomb anywhere in Minecraft. You can craft your own Honeycomb with 6x Planks & 3x Honeycombs. You don’t have to search for bees in Minecraft if you have one of your own. Honeycombs can be used for crafting decorative Honeycomb Blocks. Use 4 of them to get one. You will also need to find Honey Bottles in Minecraft. Check the link to know more about the same.