Overwatch 2 introduces a new premium currency called Coins through which you can purchase various in-game items. You will also need these coins to buy the Premium Battle pass costing 1000 Overwatch Coins (the equivalent of 10 USD). If you want to get the Premium Battle Pass and 20 bonus tiers, you will need 2200 Coins. Due to this, many are curious to know if players can get Overwatch Coins for free and what’s the fastest way to earn them. Here’s all you need to know.
How to Get OW2 Coins?
- You can earn OW2 coins by completing in-game weekly challenges or purchasing them with real money.
Can you get Overwatch 2 Coins for Free?
Yes, if you don’t want to spend real money to get OW2 coins, you can complete weekly challenges and earn coins through them.
The limited-time weekly challenges can have targets such as:
- Winning 10 games.
- Winning 20 games in Unranked or Competitive Play.
- Winning 7 games in any Arcade Mode & much more.
What’s the Fastest way to Get Coins?
Purchasing coins from the in-game Shop is the fastest way to get them in OW2.
- To buy Overwatch 2 coins, head to the Shop from the Main Menu.
- Press the prompt for Purchase at the top right section of the screen (it’s the Menu button for Xbox).
- You have the option to buy 500, 1000, 2200, and more Coins with the prices mentioned under them.
- Select your preferred bundle and hit OK.
- Confirm the purchase and you should see the coins reflect in your account right away.
Overwatch 2 Coins Prices
- 500 Coins – USD 4.99
- 1000 Coins – USD 9.99
- 2200 Coins – USD 19.99
- 5700 Coins – USD 49.99
- 11600 Coins – USD 99.99
How to Use or Spend Coins in OW 2?
Players can unlock various cosmetics such as skins, emotes, victory poses, voice lines, sprays, and highlight intros with the help of Coins. All you have to do is click on a cosmetic that you want to get and spend Overwatch Coins to unlock them. Click on YES to confirm this action and that item will be yours.
Knowing how many Coins you have left is easy. Check the top right section of the screen where you will see your Legacy Credits and click on the “i” icon next to it. You will now see a drop-down menu where you can see how many Legacy Credits, Coins, Tokens, and Competitive Points you have.