Axolotls have been one of the many new additions of the Minecraft 1.1.7 ‘Caves and Cliffs’ update. Axolotls are generally passive amphibian mobs that can be found in water bodies inside caves. They come in five different colors namely, Brown, Pink, Gold, Cyan, and Blue. Of these 5 colors, blue axolotls are the rarest, with an estimated 0.83 % chance of naturally spawning in survival mode. Naturally, the blue axolotl has become the most sought-after variant in Minecraft. In today’s article, we’ll guide you on how to breed a blue axolotl in Minecraft. Keep reading.
How to Breed a Blue Axolotl in Minecraft
Check out the instructions below to learn how to breed blue axolotl in Minecraft.
- Breeding axolotl in Minecraft is actually pretty easy. They breed just like any other mob in the game.
- To initiate the breeding process, you can first collect axolotl and place them in your very own water body.
- You can transfer the axolotl to your own water body with a bucket.
- Once you successfully transfer the axolotl to your water body, you can begin the breeding process by feeding two axolotls a bucket of tropical fish. Tropical fish play an important role in the breeding process so make sure you have enough to successfully breed axolotl.
- After getting into “love mode”, the axolotl will give birth to a baby axolotl in a short period of time.
- Baby axolotl takes a period of 20 minutes to grow into adults. This period can be sped by constantly feeding the baby some tropical fish. Baby Axolotl can begin breeding themselves once they turn into adults.
- Baby axolotl usually takes the color of either one of the parent axolotl. There is a very slim chance of a blue axolotl appearing.
- Thus, the breeding of blue axolotl is a very time-consuming process that requires a lot of patient and effort.
- To have better chances of breeding a blue axolotl, you will have to breed multiple axolotls at a time. For this, you will also need a water body that is big and deep enough to safely breed axolotl without them escaping or being endangered.
As you may have seen from the instructions above, the breeding blue axolotl can be a tedious, yet rewarding process. The prospect of breeding a blue axolotl is one that constantly encourages players to keep trying despite the difficulties.