Ancient Coins are a premium in-game currency in Sea of Thieves. It is only available in the Pirate Emporium and it is used to buy items like Ship cosmetics and Costumes among other things. In this article, we will show you how to get these coins.
How to get Ancient Coins in Sea of Thieves?
There are two ways you can get Ancient Coins in Sea of Thieves. Check out how you can do so in the points below:
Earning Ancient Coins
- To earn these Ancient Coins, you need to earn Renown and then rise through the many tiers of the Sea of Thieves Season 2 Battle Pass.
- You can receive several rewards-including Ancient Coins-and other seasonal loot prizes depending on the Renown you have.
- This means you have a better chance of earning Ancient Coins if you have a higher Renown.
- Another way you can earn Ancient Coins is from Ancient Skeletons in Sea of Thieves. While this may be a rewarding way to earn coins, it isn’t the most reliable.
- Ancient Skeletons are blue and gold colored skeletons that are quite rare to find. You will find them carrying sacks of Ancient Coins on their backs in Sea of Thieves.
- You can only find these skeletons on islands.
- These Ancient Skeletons provide three possible drop tiers. They are as follows: Tier 1 – 100-200 Ancient Coins
Tier 2 – 200-400 Ancient Coins
Tier 3 – 400-800 Ancient Coins
- Your best chances of finding these skeletons is by exploring the landmass around you for a few minutes and exploring all the islands.
- Completing voyages, going fishing and finding treasure can also help increase the chances of an Ancient Skeleton spawning.
Buying Ancient Coins
- The easiest method to acquire Ancient Coins in Sea of Thieves is by purchasing them.
- You can buy these coins from the in-game Pirate Emporium store or on the Microsoft Store.
- These coins can also be purchased from Pirate Emporium representatives at the Glorious Sea Dogs Tavern and Outposts in Arena Mode and Adventure Mode respectively.
- You can acquire these coins in the following bundles:
- The Secret Stash of the Ancients bundle will get you 150 Ancient Coins for $1.99 USD.
- The Lost Chest of the Ancients will get you 550 Ancient Coins for $5.99 USD.
- The Hidden Trove of the Ancients will get you 1000 Ancient Coins for $9.99 USD.
- The Royal Treasury of the Ancients will get you 2550 Ancient Coins for $22.99 USD.
- The Glittering Tribute of the Ancients will get you 4250 Ancient Coins for $34.99 USD.
These are the two ways you can get Ancient Coins in Sea of Thieves. As you can see, buying coin bundles is the easiest way to get these rare coins. However, you can even try to look for Ancient Skeletons and collect the coins from them.
If you liked this article, check out this guide on all commendations and journal locations in Sea of Thieves Dark Brethren.