While playing FFXIV you might find yourself in need to Desynth your weapons or other items. This may be because you need crafting materials, which you can then sell to earn some Gil. Or you might need Demimateria for crafting other items. Whatever the case may be, both of these require you to desynthesize the items. So in this guide check out how Desynthesis works in FFXIV and how to unlock it.
How to Desynth in FFXIV
In order to Desynth in FF14, you first need to complete the quest Gone to Pieces. After you complete this quest you will get a new option called Desynthesis when checking your items. This will allow you to get crafting materials of that item. Here is how it works:
- Open your Inventory.
- Click on the Item that you want to break down and get the crafting materials of. You can desynthesize the following items:
- Housing Items
- You will get a list of options for that item, here click on Desynthesis.
- Next, it will give you a Desynthesis popup with the information on the original item. Click on Desynthesize.
- Finally, your item will now break and you will get its crafting materials.
Make sure the item you desynthesize matches the level of your character. The higher the character level the better you can desynth the item and get HQ crafting materials from it.
How to Unlock Desynthesis in FF14
Not every class in this game can Desynthesize items. Thus the most important criteria you need to meet here is your character class should be of Disciples of the Hand (DoH). This includes the following classes:
Aside from being of that class you also need to be at least level 30 in it to unlock the quest. If you meet both these criteria, here is how you can unlock it:
- Go to Ul’dah – Steps of Thal.
- Next, talk to the NPC Syntgoht. You can find him at the coordinates:
- X: 14
- Y: 10
- He will give you the quest, Gone to Pieces.
- In this quest, you need to speak with Nesting Heron at the Bonfire. Here you will try desynthesis for the first time.
- After completing the quest you will unlock the skill to Desynth items.
That covers this guide on how to Desynth in FFXIV: A Realm Reborn and how Desynthesis works. I suggest you also check out our other FFXIV guides like all main scenario quests (MSQ) list and the best solo classes.