Airpods are wireless Bluetooth headphones and you can connect this to your console. But the setup is not easy, it requires an additional piece of hardware. In this guide, we will discuss how to connect AirPods to PS4 or PS4 Pro or Xbox One. How to pair AirPods to PS4 easily or any other gaming console using a Bluetooth receiver. The process to connect AirPods to PS4 is straightforward. Finding a PS4 compatible Bluetooth receiver to pair AirPods to ps4 and using them wirelessly to enjoy gaming as well to chat with friends.
How to Connect Airpod to PS4?
Method to connect AirPods to PS4 will work for Xbox One X or any previous console. There is an inbuilt Bluetooth receiver that connects with the controllers. So we cannot use that to connect airpod and ps4 together. To set up a connection between the headphone and console we will need another Bluetooth receiver.
A plug and USB bluetooth receiver must be compatible with all bluetooth devices.
- Purchase Sony PlayStation 4 Wireless Bluetooth Headset Dongle from Olixar.
- It comes in two parts, one a USB Bluetooth dongle and second aux connector for the headphones.
- Connect the USB dongle to the console and check if there is a slow blinking blue light.
- Press M on the USB receiver to put it in pairing mode. If no light is on then the unit is damage.
- Once the blue light starts blinking, press and hold and pairing button on Airpod case.
- Withing a few seconds you will see the light on the dongle and airpod case both stops and remains still.
- Connect the aux connector to the PS4 controller and go to Settings in the PS4 Console Menu.
- Go to Devices > Audio Devices > Input Device.
- You will see the Headset listed in this menu, this indicates you had successful connects your AirPods to PS4 console.
- Go back and to Audio Devices section and select Output Device. Set the output to USB Headphones and adjust the volume as per your need.
- Return back to Audio Device Menu > and select Output to Headphones section. Set the audio to all Chat Audio.
Following the above settings, you can connect your Airpods to the PS4 console. Remember to buy a compatible Bluetooth receiver that comes in two parts, one is the USB receiver dongle and the second is the AUX connector that hooks the Airpods to PS4 controller. Enjoy playing games on Airpods, the sound quality is nice and it gives you the freedom to roam around wearing them.