You can change your display name in Roblox quite easily. Now, what’s the difference between Display Names and Usernames, you ask? Basically, your Username will identify your account and that is what you will use to log in. The Display Name won’t be unique and it is what will show up in chat as well as above your character’s head in games. On June 8, 2021, the devs have released the feature worldwide to 99% of users! So, here’s how to change display name in Roblox.
How to Change Display Name in Roblox?
Now, Roblox lets all users worldwide change their Roblox Display Name for FREE. Yes, you don’t need to spend Robux for it. Note that this is a different process than changing your Roblox Username.
Here’s how to change your display name on Roblox.
- Log in to your Roblox Account.
- Head to Account Settings.
- On Browser, click on the Gear icon which is present on the top right section of the site.
- On Mobile, tap on the three dots icon (More).
- Then, Select Account Info.
- Select the Change Display Name button (The icon will look like a pencil and paper).
- Enter your new Display Name (Here are 200+ good and cool Roblox Display Name ideas).
- Click on Save.
- Refresh and check your new Display Name which is different and separate from your Roblox Username.
Username vs Display Name Differences
As mentioned before, the major difference is that you are able to change your Display Name for FREE. The names will still have to go through the filters so that there are no offensive names being used. In case you do not set a Display name, your username will be set as your Display Name by default.
Your Display Name should be between 3 to 20 characters and you can only change it once every 7 days as of now. So if you pick something you regret immediately, you will have to stick to it for a while. There’s lots more revealed in the devforum link that you can check out.