Elden Ring is arguably one of the best games to have come out so far this year, and its compelling storyline and exciting vast world make it quite hard to beat. The game has challenged the most seasoned of players. With dangerous enemies, a fierce and taut gameplay experience, and a thrilling quota of adventure, beating Elden Ring seems to be what everybody is keen on. If you are among those players, you have arrived at just the right place. In this guide, we will briefly walk you through Elden Ring’s order, showing you how to beat this absolute beast of a game.
How to Beat Elden Ring Main Story Path – Game Progression Guide
Limgrave Story Order – How to Beat Elden Ring
You begin your Elden Ring adventure in the region of Limgrave. Let us run through this part of the game.
- You will begin at the Stranded Graveyard.
- From the Stranded Graveyard, head over to the Church of Elleh.
- Activate the Site of Grace there.
- From Church of Elleh, go to the Gatefront.
- Upon activating the Site of Grace at the Gatefront, you will meet and interact with Melina during a cutscene.
- It is during this interaction that you will first receive Torrent, your horse.
- After this interaction, head back to the Church of Elleh.
- Here, you will meet Ranni the Witch.
- Head back to Gatefront from here, and then proceed towards the Castleward Tunnel.
- Here, you will face your first boss fight in the form of Margit the Fell Omen.
- Upon successfully beating Margit, head to the Stormveil Castle.
- Since entering via the main entrance is impossible, make your way to the castle through the cliff walls.
- Keep proceeding until you reach the Secluded Cell.
- Here, you will face and fight Godrick the Grafted.
- After this, you will have another cutscene with Melina.
- Following this, she will spawn you at the Table of Lost Grace (Roundtable Hold).
- After speaking to all the NPCs, head back to the spawn location of Godrick the Grafted.
Liurnia & Altus Plateau Story Order – How to Beat Elden Ring
- From the location of Godrick the Grafted, head south until you arrive at the South Raya Lucaria Gate.
- Look for a corpse to the left to acquire a map to help you get the Glintstone Key.
- You need the key in order to open the seal that binds the South Raya Lucaria Gate.
- Get the key and open the said seal.
- Head past the door and make your way to the Main Academy Gate.
- Once here, you are faced with two choices: Either continue ahead from the Main Academy Path or go back into the castle and access its content.
- If you choose the latter, make your way into the castle in an anti-clockwise direction, finally arriving at the Raya Lucaria Grand Library.
- After completing the boss fight here, head out the Main Academy Gate.
- Once out the gate, make your way on the bridge and towards the Grand Lift of Dectus.
- Doing so helps you get to Altus Plateau.
- The lift requires two halves of the Dectus Medallion.
- To get them, you need to go to Fort Faroth and to Fort Haight in Dragonbarrow and Mistwood respectively.
- After doing so, make your way to the Altus Highway Junction.
- From here, go to the Outer Wall Phantom Tree at the east.
- From here, go to the Outer Wall Battleground.
- Move from this location to the Capital Rampart. Here, you need to fight a boss.
Leyndell, Royal Capital Story Order – How to Beat Elden Ring
- Next, head to the East Capital Rampart.
- From here, go to the Elden Throne to defeat Morgott the Omen King boss. Doing so helps you unlock the elevator to the Mountaintops of the Giants region.
- On your way, make sure to unlock the Leyndell, Capital of Ash teleportal.
- Next, you will come across Radagon of the Golden Throne at the Elden Throne.
- From here, go to the Queen’s Bedchamber.
- After this, go to Elden Throne.
- After defeating the Elden Beast boss here, you can activate the lift to go to Forbidden Lands.
Mountaintops of the Giants
- After clearing Forbidden Lands, head towards the Grand Lift of Rold.
- Use the medallion given by Melina to access this lift.
- Next, head north, before moving in a clockwise direction, making your way towards Foot of the Forge.
- From here, make your way further down to have another major boss fight with the Fire Giant.
- After this boss fight, go to the Forge of the Giants.
- You will have a brief cutscene here.
- Upon the completion of this cutscene, you will be teleported to Farum Azula.
- At Farum Azula, you will come across what is the toughest boss fight of the game at the Dragon Temple Altar.
- Complete the entirety of Farum Azula by defeating whatever bosses you may come across.
- After you complete this, head back to Leyndell, Royal Capital.
- Go to Elden Throne to face one of the final bosses here.
- This will signify the ending of the game.
And that pretty much brings an end to things in Elden Ring. In this guide, we have tried to summarize the game as briefly as possible. Considering how vast and seemingly endless Elden Ring is, you will still find plenty of content to play through.
And now that you know how the story order goes, take a look at our Elden Ring Guides, for in-depth reviews on Quests, Boss Fights, and so much more in The Lands Between.