Knowing how perks work can be a bit confusing in Warzone 2. This is especially true if you played MW2, where you could manually select which perks you wanted to equip. But don’t worry, even if you didn’t play MW2, perks are pretty easy to understand. So in this guide, check out how Perks work in CoD Warzone 2 and all perk packages in this game.
How Do Perks Work in Warzone 2
Perks work by giving you special abilities, which, when used correctly, can help you win matches. But unlike Modern Warfare 2, where you can choose from the different perks on which to use. In Warzone 2, you get Perk Packages. These are premade sets with perks selected for you to use that you cannot change. So here are all the perk packages in Warzone 2; in this list, the first two represent base perks, the next one is your bonus perk, and finally, we have the ultimate perk. Here are them all:
- Commando: Scavenger, Strong Arm, Fast Hands, High Alert
- Recon: Double Time, Tracker, Focus, Birdseye
- Scout: Scavenger, Strong Arm, Focus, Ghost
- Sentinel: Battle Hardened, Bomb Squad, Cold-Blooded, Overclock
- Specter: Double Time, Tracker, Spotter, Ghost
- Vanguard: Double Time, Bomb Squad, Resupply, High Alert
- Warden: Double Time, Strong Arm, Fast Hands, Overclock
- Weapon Specialist: Overkill, Strong Arm, Spotter, Survivor
This is what each perk does that is mentioned above:
Base Perks in Warzone 2
- Battle Hardened: Enemy flash, stun, EMP, gas grenades, and shock sticks are less effective. You also become immune to Snapshot grenades.
- Bomb Squad: Take less damage from explosives. You also reset fuze timers when picking up any live grenades.
- Double Time: Increase the crouch movement speed by 30%, while also doubling your tactical sprint.
- Overkill: You carry two primary weapons.
- Scavenger: Pickup ammo from dead players to resupply your guns.
- Strong Arm: Throw equipment farther than normal. You also get a preview of the trajectory to help you aim better.
- Tracker: You get to see footprint trails that enemies leave behind, their death markers are also visible. The enemy team also can’t see Kill markers.
- Cold-Blooded: AI targeting systems and thermal optics can’t detect you. It doesn’t trigger a High Alert warning. And you also won’t get highlighted in, recon drones, spotter scopes, and enemy tactical cameras.
- Fast Hands: Weapon switching, reloading, and using equipment are done faster.
- Focus: You flinch less when using ADS and it extends Hold Breath duration.
- Resupply: You get an extra Lethal and recharge equipment over 30 seconds.
- Spotter: You can spot enemy equipment, Killstreaks, and Field Upgrades through walls. Using ADS will also highlight them for your team. You can also hack enemy C4, Proximity Mines, Claymores, and Trophy Systems.
- Birdseye: Radar pings and UAVs will reveal the enemy’s direction.
- Ghost: Makes you undetectable to Portable Radars, UAVs, and Heartbeat Sensors.
- High Alert: Your vision pulses when an enemy player outside of view spots you.
- Overclock: You can store an additional charge of Field Upgrades and can even recharge them. The recharge rate is decreased by 20%.
- Survivor: You automatically ping the enemies that you down. Allies will revive you faster.
That covers this guide on how the perks work in CoD Warzone 2 and all perk packages. You should also check our focus on the three best Perk Packages to use in this game. And for more such topics, be sure to check out our Warzone 2 guides.