Guerrilla Games has published recently the patch 1.03 of Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, which goes to fix further bugs that have caused some problems to the players since the launch or that have started to occur with the previous updates released.
Among the crash fix, we find a fix for a leak of the video card resources, for a crash caused by a problem of GPU, for a crash caused by artificial intelligence, a crash caused by the sound of Horizon Zero Dawn, and the shift to a different monitor with different DPI settings in the menu.
Also fixed a progressing issue where Aloy would get stuck in a certain state during the start of the adventure of Horizon Zero Dawn, thus preventing the player from moving forward. There is no shortage of functionality fixes, when for example the snow deformation did not work correctly or when a certain skill did not work.
For the complete Horizon Zero Dawn patch notes 1.03, which deepens in detail the news of this update, you can refer to the official page of the website, present in the tweet at the bottom.
Horizon Zero Dawn is available on PC.
Patch 1.03 for #HorizonZeroDawnPC is out now! This patch aims to address additional crashes, non-functional snow deformation, and other fixes.
We appreciate all of your ongoing support and patience!
— Guerrilla (@Guerrilla) August 31, 2020
- Fixed a GPU resource leak which could build up over time and cause instability.
- Fixed a GPU hang that caused a crash that could occur when Asynchronous Compute was used.
- Fixed a crash when AI would try to aim at an invalid position.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when sound obstruction was calculated in highly detailed areas.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when moving the game to a monitor with different DPI settings while in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash on startup due to incorrect memory allocation.
- Fixed a GPU hang that would occur when the window was resized to a very small size.
- Fixed a progression issue where some players would remain a child and not transition to adult Aloy.
- Fixed an issue where snow deformation was not working correctly in the Frozen Wilds area.
- Fixed an issue where the Concentration skill could stop working.
- 4K Scaling – Fixed an issue where the game wouldn’t render at 4K properly on boot.
- Frame Rate Limiter – Improved Frame Rate Limiter functionality to be more accurate.
- Localization – Localized specific error messages.
- Windows Version Check – The game checks if Windows 10 Build 1809 or above is used (lower versions cause instability in DirectX 12).
- Minimum Spec Warning – Improved minimum spec warning message and options.
- Saving Issue Warning – Clarified text that is displayed when you do not have access to your My document folder or enough disk space.
- Player Profile Validation – The player profile is now validated and corrupt profiles (caused by manual editing or tweak tools) rejected.