Hollow Knight is one of the best Metroidvania video games out there. It was well-received by not only critics but also the audience. The game sold over three million copies and it is still going strong with expansions. Hollow Knight is all about exploring the dark underworld and getting up to the final boss at its conclusion. While you reach the final boss you will encounter several dark and gritty creatures from the underworld. To defeat them you will need different abilities and power-ups. Double Jump or in the game known as Monarch wings is one of the abilities you will obtain as you proceed in the game. So, here’s our guide on how to get a double jump in Hollow Knight.
How to Get Double Jump in Hollow Knight?
You need to acquire the Crystal Heart ability before getting your hands onto the Monarch wings. For the players who already have obtained the crystal heart ability, scroll further to know how to acquire Monarch wings directly. Let’s take a look at how to get Crystal Heart ability in Hollow Knight.
How to Get Crystal Heart?
- Crystal Heart is the ability that lets you fly horizontally in Hollow Knight.
- To acquire Crystal Heart you will need Mantis Claw and Mothwing Cloak. It is recommended to get the Cloak first and then the Mantis Claw.
- You can obtain the Mothwing Cloak by defeating the Hornet in the Greenpath.
- Once you have obtained the cloak, head to the bottom west of the Mantis village. Watch out for the enemies as you proceed to the bottom left.
- You will notice a switch as you go to the extreme left.
- Activate that switch to unlock a door that has Mantis Claw.
- Now that you have all the abilities to acquire Crystal Heart, head over to Forgotten Crossroads and make your way through Crystal Peak.
- You will find the Crystal Heart ability to the extreme east at the end of a platform in an old mining golem.
How to Get Monarch Wings in Hollow Knight?
- Now that you have the crystal heart ability, proceed through the Ancient Basin. The monarch wings are located on the marked location of the map here.
- As you go further into this location you will find one of the main bosses, Broken Vessel.
- Defeat the Vessel and proceed further towards the left side to find the Monarch Wings.
- You will see a fountain of moths and this is your cue to get the Double jump upgrade.
That’s all on how to get a double jump in Hollow Knight. If you liked this guide, you can check out more Video Gaming Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.