Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Game is finally here and players can’t wait to step into the shoes of Star-Lord. Unfortunately, something’s stopping them and that’s the GOTG crashing issue. This is a common problem that happens during the initial phase of a game’s launch but it can also occur anytime during its lifetime. Here are a few things you can do to fix the Guardians Of The Galaxy crashing at launch/startup issue. Plus, find out what you can do if you get the error missing executable problem or the game is stuttering, lagging and freezing.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Crashing at Startup & Not Launching Fix
Try these troubleshooting tips to fix the GOTG game crashing at startup problem and launch it asap.
- Make sure that your drivers are up-to-date. If not, download the latest version of the drivers from the official sites of manufacturers Nvidia or AMD.
- Check if your system supports the minimum system requirements of GOTG.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows® 10 64 bit Build 1803
- Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400 / Intel® Core™ i5-4460
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon™ RX 570
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 80 GB available space
- Lower your graphics and other video settings and check if that prevents the game from crashing.
- Install the game on your SSD. If you have installed the game on HDD, move the entire folder to SSD and launch the game.
- Close any background applications or third-party programs that may be hogging all the resources that could potentially be used for the launch of Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Game.
- Launch the game directly from the executable file (.exe) inside the game folder instead of the game shortcut.
- If you think that the antivirus or firewall is causing this problem, temporarily disable it or whitelist GOTG from them.
How to Fix Error Missing Executable in GOTG?
Players will have to verify Steam game files to solve the error missing executable in Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Game. Here’s how.
- Launch the Steam client.
- Find GOTG in your library.
- Right-click on it and click on Properties.
- Click on Local files.
- Click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait until the verification process is over.
- Re-launch the game to see if the error persists.
How to Fix Lag, FPS Drop, Stuttering and Freezing in GOTG?
- Ensure that you have the latest patch of the game. If not, download it because it may have a fix for any known lag or freezing issues.
- See if your PC is overheating which will cause a lag and the game may eventually crash. In this case, shut it down and wait for a while before restarting.
- Play with minimal specs (minimal resolution; minimal shadows and minimal graphic options) to prevent freezing, stuttering or lag.
- Play GOTG on fullscreen and not Windowed.
- Adjust V-sync settings and test if there is FPS drop.
- As per the system requirements, Windows 10 is crucial to run the game. If you don’t have it already, consider upgrading to Windows 10 and check if the issues get fixed.
That’s everything you need to know about how to solve Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Game crashing at startup, error missing executable and fix lag, stuttering and freezing. For more GOTG guides, stay with Gamer Tweak!